Anybody got a S1000r

when I test rode my XR a mate took out the S1000R, as has been said above he though it a cracking bike, loads more low and mid range grunt than the MT 10 he'd tried the week before. Also the buffeting was a problem for him too though I believe there are aftermarket screens available to help with that.

Thanks all,

test rode the xr last year did not like the vibrations coming through the seat and pegs.

Mike

Mike, If you haven't tried one before you should take a test ride on a Speed Triple (if you've got a Triumph dealer over there). It's a fabulous naked bike with loads of character and the new models have all the trimmings you'll probably never need or want! I have taken a test ride on the S1000R and I owned a Speed Triple for a couple of years and know which one would do it for me. Doesn't answer the question you asked but hey ho!

when I test rode my XR a mate took out the S1000R, as has been said above he though it a cracking bike, loads more low and mid range grunt than the MT 10 he'd tried the week before. Also the buffeting was a problem for him too though I believe there are aftermarket screens available to help with that.

But the MT10 has a much nicer motor with that cross-plane engine.

Try one,great bikes !!!

a04ed140715571f23250fed6a2cfb468.jpg

My hypermotard is a riot and very comfy for tall riders. It has a short screen I can't say I've noticed any buffeting. It does about 50-60 mpg, it won't be as fast as the beemer but it's got a lot of character n some trick bits on the SP version. Not a two up bike though.

I've had an S1000XR, great bike but not one I bonded with.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpg
    IMG_2406.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 684
I had one for five months in between Gs's. I liken it to a holiday romance with a stripper, great fun and a wild ride with features you don't normally get, lithe and supple - eventually you just want to go home for some meat pie and missionary position though.

Something to bear in mind is that I believe they are designed for an 85 kg rider, so if you're Tosser sized you might want some adaptations to the forks. I didn't handle as well as my GSA for me and wondered whether all that force on the suspension plus my 17 stone crawling all over her upset the relationship. Mines still at the dealers since October sometimes I fantasise about going out with her again.........

I had one for five months in between Gs's. I liken it to a holiday romance with a stripper, great fun and a wild ride with features you don't normally get, lithe and supple - eventually you just want to go home for some meat pie and missionary position though.

Something to bear in mind is that I believe they are designed for an 85 kg rider, so if you're Tosser sized you might want some adaptations to the forks. I didn't handle as well as my GSA for me and wondered whether all that force on the suspension plus my 17 stone crawling all over her upset the relationship. Mines still at the dealers since October sometimes I fantasise about going out with her again.........

Haha good analogy that, I just prefer the boxer twin and the GS suits me better for touring , I'm getting a GSA this weekend. I'm 95kg so about 15 stone and I found the XR suspension spot on it handled great.

Thanks all,

test rode the xr last year did not like the vibrations coming through the seat and pegs.

Mike

I was out at the weekend on my new 2017 XR getting in some "running in" miles - didn't notice any vibrations at all!
No idea if things have changed significantly with the new model, but I genuinely didn't notice anything untoward. I think I got more finger tingling from my old ZX6 track bikes than the XR!

I would try a new one before making any decision :thumb2

But the MT10 has a much nicer motor with that cross-plane engine.

Try one,great bikes !!!

a04ed140715571f23250fed6a2cfb468.jpg

Haven't tried one, it was a mate who was going through a ton of test rides trying to decide. What he really wanted was a new tuono vee-twin to replace his current gen II.

MT10 disappointed him, s1000r didn't do it either to be fair.

I stopped looking as soon as I tried the XR as I was smitten

Horses for courses, would be boring if we were all the same!

����������
85kg, may have to eat a few more pies ��

Many thanks for all the input
I have a very good dealer so will keep with bmw.
I just want to start my mid life crisis and have some fun 😆
Looking forward to the test ride, shame the high passes are still closed.

Mike

Going to test ride a s1000r next week
Anybody got one ?
Thanks

Mike

I had one for a couple of years. Used it a lot, including several European jaunts. Just the standard screen and a bit of soft luggage. It went like the clappers but nothing like as fast as the RR. Enjoy :thumby:

I've just sold my GSA, and ordered an S sport I had an Xr previously so thought I would give the S a go

Terry

I loved my test run and would order one today but the dealer does not want my 2 year old r1200r with 28000km.

He said it would never sell. ��

Had an S1r for 6 months, did a Pyrenees trip on it. Blisteringly fast, superb handling on smooth roads. Gearbox and quick shifter great. Quickly realised it lacked character.
Now on 1290 Superduke gt. Handling not as pin sharp but as quick or quicker with a bit rider input. LOADS of character.
The S1r only seemed happy when going hard. Riding steady and vibes made hands go numb. MRA touring screen a good addition to reduce wind blast.

Back
Top Bottom