Dealer Margin

I still don't understand how selling a zero miles pre-registered bike gets the dealer a bigger bonus over selling it new?

I understand how I got 35% off the list price off an 8 week old 7 Series. That was due to it being end of quarter, end of year and because it was a demo they needed to replace it with a new one :rolleyes:

I still don't understand how selling a zero miles pre-registered bike gets the dealer a bigger bonus over selling it new?

I understand how I got 35% off the list price off an 8 week old 7 Series. That was due to it being end of quarter, end of year and because it was a demo they needed to replace it with a new one :rolleyes:

Ok I will stay out of the deal you got on the 7

But pre registering and Demo registrations are 2 different things ...

Demo "should be " kept with dealer for a period of time, as a static demo or a demonstrator. This attracts extre money / margin to offset the depreciation .

Agreed but

:confused:

Any thoughts/words of wisdom? :nenau

Agreed but

Targets in numbers of bikes registered. Sales geezer muttered about having to do 60 'units' by the end March to reach target. Maybe I'll call him to see how he's doing late this week.

Targets in numbers of bikes registered.

Sales geezer muttered about having to do 60 'units' by the end March to reach target.

It's a cruel world out there, maybe his family will not eat... if he doesn't

Give him a deal

Agreed but

Because if they hit dealer targets they get extra discount for all the bikes registered that month or quarter.
Example 30 bikes at 12k each x 2.5% is £9k & it's likely more than 2.5% so a couple at cost is worth it to them.
Also when a bike is registered it's not free stock & dealers have to pay for them.
That also locks special editions or hard to get models to that particular dealer.
Take the recent 'iconic' there was until recently a few kicking about unsold. (Prob still is.!)

No dealer or salesman will verify this I'm sure..

basically, they get a bonus for registration, bonus for registration to themselves and also they get an end of year bonus and monthly bonus if they do it that way

if they sell it to a customer they only get the selling and registration bonus, they also make money because they don't knock any off due to it being brand new and you being the first owner etc, they get more by registering it to themselves and so on

basically, they get a bonus for registration, bonus for registration to themselves and also they get an end of year bonus and monthly bonus if they do it that way

if they sell it to a customer they only get the selling and registration bonus, they also make money because they don't knock any off due to it being brand new and you being the first owner etc, they get more by registering it to themselves and so on

Eh? :duno

So you are saying that they get four bonus payments for the same bike and also that they sell the pre-registered bike for full RRP?

Can I respectfully ask what your qualifications are for making such a statement? :nenau

I have just done a deal on a pre reg 17 for my 16 plate with 0 mls on it , they did me such a good deal due to them registering it to themselves first and I saved a shed load of money due to the bonus's etc they can get

the pre reg bike is sold cheaper as they got more money back from BMW by making it a pre reg, a brand new unregistered bike they can knock money off but not as much as a pre reg

I have just spent 2 weeks with a GM of BMW to sort all this out as I was having problems with my bike I bought from them, that's if I am told the truth but they have no reason to lie to me

sorry I have brain freeze this morning and it sounds right in my head but not be reading right :nenau:nenau

I have just done a deal on a pre reg 17 for my 16 plate with 0 mls on it , they did me such a good deal due to them registering it to themselves first and I saved a shed load of money due to the bonus's etc they can get

the pre reg bike is sold cheaper as they got more money back from BMW by making it a pre reg, a brand new unregistered bike they can knock money off but not as much as a pre reg

I have just spent 2 weeks with a GM of BMW to sort all this out as I was having problems with my bike I bought from them, that's if I am told the truth but they have no reason to lie to me

sorry I have brain freeze this morning and it sounds right in my head but not be reading right :nenau:nenau

That's the reason you have had a good deal

BMW UK have pitched with extra monies on your 17 Pre Reg behind the scenes and this amount is unknown to you, I expect

Nothing to do, with a normal bike sale

If I, as a non WC owner walked in to buy the particular bike you have just bought - then I would be paying more than you have, simple as that

The original question was about margins so I know that they have over £1400 in straight profit, irrelevant to m deal, that's what they have in a gsa te

yes they have done me an awesome deal and I agree on that hence getting a new one but the company who I got it through will do as much as they can for anyone

just one thing to check, when they do the paperwork make sure they write it down as what they actually gave you in p/x etc, I nearly lost £650 to the dealer writing my deal down on paper

as an ex-dealer ( Guzzi ) , the mark-up on a v7 was about £700 , for that ....you get a test ride or 2 ( i have paid for the demo bike ) ,

i have to

dispose of the crate it arrives in

do a proper PDI ( 4 hours )

do all the paperwork to sell it to you

deal with you ( even if you are a twat )

deal with any problems you have over finance and insurance

deal with any warranty problems you have , no matter how small ( i get paid £36/hr for the work , not the 5 phone calls you make about it or that it takes twice as long to do , than i get paid for , a warranty claim can take an hour to get it to stick , i get paid 12 minutes , at £36/ hour ? )

fit any extra's you want ( usually for free , because that is what you expect .

now you begin to understand, why there are so few Guzzi dealers in the country !

forgot this , £120 to have it delivered

Last edited:
as an ex-dealer ( Guzzi ) , the mark-up on a v7 was about £700 , for that ....you get a test ride or 2 ( i have paid for the demo bike ) ,

i have to

dispose of the crate it arrives in

do a proper PDI ( 4 hours )

do all the paperwork to sell it to you

deal with you ( even if you are a twat )

deal with any problems you have over finance and insurance

deal with any warranty problems you have , no matter how small ( i get paid £36/hr for the work , not the 5 phone calls you make about it or that it takes twice as long to do , than i get paid for , a warranty claim can take an hour to get it to stick , i get paid 12 minutes , at £36/ hour ? )

fit any extra's you want ( usually for free , because that is what you expect .

now you begin to understand, why there are so few Guzzi dealers in the country !

forgot this , £120 to have it delivered

Not even worth getting out of bed for, I wouldn't

£700 margin (less £120 delivery, if I read that correctly) on a bike with a £7500RRP

That's fuck'all, for all the aggro and you could even get a lemon of a trade-in which costs you more to fix than you can retail it at

I guess on the other side of the coin, in return for your saving you have a bike which may have already used some of its two year warranty, unless the dealer tops it up, and where you are the second owner, and not the first. May make the bike marginally less valuable next time you come to change it, but having said that I would never turn down a pre-reg if it offered a worthwhile saving.

Fred

I guess on the other side of the coin, in return for your saving you have a bike which may have already used some of its two year warranty, unless the dealer tops it up, and where you are the second owner, and not the first. May make the bike marginally less valuable next time you come to change it, but having said that I would never turn down a pre-reg if it offered a worthwhile saving.

Fred
I have asked all of the above and it was registered last Thursday and I should get it this week all being well, max next week with 0mls on it, it was the only way they could do me the deal they offered

the bike has lost its vat straight away and to be honest the money that I would loose would be marginal due to the money I saved, swings and roundabouts

the dealer has been absolutely awesome in every aspect in all this and I wouldn't go anywhere else, the GM is a real gent and did more than was asked and the General Salesman is a step above by a long way compared to "normal" salesmen

he told me that I would only loose the money I would loose when and if I p/x it back to them as a one owner etc as they know the bike so its all good

I have asked all of the above and it was registered last Thursday and I should get it this week all being well, max next week with 0mls on it, it was the only way they could do me the deal they offered

the bike has lost its vat straight away and to be honest the money that I would loose would be marginal due to the money I saved, swings and roundabouts

the dealer has been absolutely awesome in every aspect in all this and I wouldn't go anywhere else, the GM is a real gent and did more than was asked and the General Salesman is a step above by a long way compared to "normal" salesmen

he told me that I would only loose the money I would loose when and if I p/x it back to them as a one owner etc as they know the bike so its all good

Marshalls ??

Back
Top Bottom