Starting from Scratch

The bought kit list is growing

BMW gloves x2 pairs
Schuberth C3 Pro helmets x2 (£469 each, but came with the SRC Bluetooth kit free)
Daytona Road Star XCR x1 pair
Daytona Lady Star XCR x1 pair
RST Adventure Jacket and Trousers

The expense is making me wince!

Just spoke to the vendor of the Schuberth lids and as I suspected, it was too good to be true. They don't come with Bluetooth kits at that price! The vendor is going to refund the money, so I am on the search again.

Just spoke to the vendor of the Schuberth lids and as I suspected, it was too good to be true. They don't come with Bluetooth kits at that price! The vendor is going to refund the money, so I am on the search again.

Did you try on the Lazer Monaco helmet at Sportsbikeshop? It was last year's winner in a flip-helmet comparison in Ride magazine. I've just picked up a Shoei Neotech for £350 and the X-lite X-1003 and AGV Compact (£200?) were both rated above the BMW System 6 and Schuberth C3 Pro.

I would say that you've made a good choice with the RST suit, I've got the first generation adventure jacket and it's been faultless. Never leaked despite torrential rain and the flexibility of the removable liners make it comfortable in high temperatures. Good kit for the money.

Maybe be a bit late, but have a look at Shirlaws in Aberdeen as they sell Halvarssons kit which is pretty good, not extortionate and do ladies sizing.

Not late at all. Funny thing was that I looked at clothing on their site yesterday and it seemed to consist of soft toys, watches and sunglasses. They would have been the logical helmet provider, but it appears, if their site is anything to go by that they don't sell helmets. Thanks for the heads up though, I will go back and have a look.

Get your gear made to measure by Scott leathers, not expensive but good quality. I had my leathers done 8 years ago and they are still like new (although a bit tight lol) I just had a new set of textile's made £310 delivered and very good quality although it takes a little time.

Back
Top Bottom