GSA Seat

Barge

Reaction score
I think that I have found a GSA that hits the sweet spot of age/price/mileage but in my research about GS' I had somehow missed the fact that a GSA seat is taller than a standard GS. What seat will I need to buy to give me a seat that is both comfortable and be able to get my feet down with. 29" inside leg, without wearing stilettos? Or am I going to be out of luck with this idea?

Thanks a lot

On my 2011 GSA I ran a standard GS seat most of the time as it was more comfortable, with a 32" inside leg I could easily get both feet flat on the ground using the standard height GS seat on its tallest setting.

Basically a standard GSA seat is the same as a high GS seat, a low GSA seat is a standard GS seat and a low GS seat is a seat base with a cover and very little padding/foam.

in the above pictures both seats are on the same tallest height setting

Attachments

• seat 1.jpg
    seat 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 337
  • seat 2.jpg
    seat 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 341
Thanks Neil. I will see if I can pick up a standard GS seat used.

The text and pics were really useful.

Simple solution to save the flaff of waiting for a seat to come along.

@£70 ish to get Tony Archer to reprofile a GSA seat 1" lower overal (including a comfy gel insert.)
About 4 /5 days by return post.
google him, he's a top bike upholsterer (but rubbish at websites.) many on here use him

Think I paid about £25 for mine with a split cover and once I realised it was going to work and was more comfortable (it didn't dig into my inner thighs like the gsa one ) so I got it recovered to match the standard rear .

A re-profile sounds interesting. Just need to wobble back to Shetland on the big seat!

Hi

A friend has a standard GS seat that will fit your year. He's away this week, but if you are interested I can contact him when he returns.

Bill

Have you thought about a low Sargent seat?
Lower than a standard GSA seat and supremely comfortable.

What year GSA?

The prevalent use of "GS" & "GSA" on UKGSer is odd. "GS for Sale", "What tyres for my GSA?" We're on a GS forum - obviously we're talking about GS and GSA models. So it's the year of the model that matters, not that it's a GS/GSA. Why not let everyone know up front whether yours is an air-head, 1100, 1150, 1200 oil-head, 1200LC or whatever? :nenau

It's as if those posters are in the mindset that their GS/GSA is the only GS/GSA, and everyone else should know which it is... :rolleyes:

Simple solution to save the flaff of waiting for a seat to come along.

@£70 ish to get Tony Archer to reprofile a GSA seat 1" lower overal (including a comfy gel insert.)
About 4 /5 days by return post.
google him, he's a top bike upholsterer (but rubbish at websites.) many on here use him

Hmmm... Might inquire about getting my Wunderlich seat fitted with a gel (or preferably memory foam) insert. Any Irish Tossers know of someone in Ireland that can do this?

Back
Top Bottom