Replacement headers and sump guard fittment

amesbub

Reaction score
Good evening
I'm looking at changing the stock headers for either Arrow/Remus version on my GSA. Am I then going to struggle to fit a Touratech/Altrider sump guard due to the increased diameter of the new pipes fouling on the guard? I also presume the standard engine crash bars will no longer fit as well?
Cheers all.

Hi,i have the remus de-cat headers fitted to my 2009 F800gs and aftermarket sump guards would not fit without a bit of modification. It only involved cutting a small strip off the side where the header pipes fit and reprofiled it with a file. I have not got any crash bars so i could not comment on that.

Good evening
I'm looking at changing the stock headers for either Arrow/Remus version on my GSA. Am I then going to struggle to fit a Touratech/Altrider sump guard due to the increased diameter of the new pipes fouling on the guard? I also presume the standard engine crash bars will no longer fit as well?
Cheers all.
Have you considered a decat

I have a set of Motad de-cat headers on my 08 800GS and they are the same diameter as the standard ones.
That means bash plates fit straight on without any mods.
Plus the de-cat means the engine runs the way it is supposed to and isn't strangled. When I did this with my 1150GS I was getting better fuel consumption, a smoother torque curve, and 85hp at the wheel. I expect the same with the 800 when I finally get it on a dyno.
Why not give them a go.

Back
Top Bottom