BMW Navigator 6

Hmmm. Based on 90 minutes use this morning, I'm not convinced the upgrade from V to VI was worth the extra £300 - display isn't as bright as the V (my main reason for buying) and although the clock on the VI is correct, the clock on the bike is now four hours out. Haven't tried the routing or smartphone control features yet.

For anyone else dithering, I'd wait until you've actually tried one before buying.

If the V6 is much more responsive than a 5, then the 5 must be a really slow dog.

I like the screen, and I'm looking forward to controlling it from the wheel. But it's not as easy to use as a phone nav and much much less responsive...

Hmmm. Based on 90 minutes use this morning, I'm not convinced the upgrade from V to VI was worth the extra £300 - display isn't as bright as the V (my main reason for buying) and although the clock on the VI is correct, the clock on the bike is now four hours out. Haven't tried the routing or smartphone control features yet.

For anyone else dithering, I'd wait until you've actually tried one before buying.

4 hours? Perfect excuse for the wife when you get home at 10pm!:D

Have you got the brightness set to automatic ?
Bear in mind it does this seperately on the cradle to off..
I actually had to turn mine down, too bright.

Have you got the brightness set to automatic ?
Bear in mind it does this seperately on the cradle to off..
I actually had to turn mine down, too bright.

Tried it both in automatic and not, no noticeable difference, and just not very bright, certainly not as bright as my nav V. Aiui the screen change with the VI is for bright sunlight, so I'll have to wait for some of that to try it again. Otherwise I'll be buying my V back off the bloke that just bought it off me!

Strange. In all the side by side reviews the 6 is much brighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's interesting. Maybe I'll head down to the dealer to compare my VI to another one to see if mine's not right.

That's interesting. Maybe I'll head down to the dealer to compare my VI to another one to see if mine's not right.

Silly question. You're not wearing anything polarised when viewing it are you? As I understand it the new screen has some sort of anti sun polarised screen?
"Even brighter with optimal legibility thanks to the circular polarization filter display, even during direct sunlight"

Review showing side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SDtAcfUESs

Interstingly, the 6 looks slower...

Silly question. You're not wearing anything polarised when viewing it are you? As I understand it the new screen has some sort of anti sun polarised screen?
"Even brighter with optimal legibility thanks to the circular polarization filter display, even during direct sunlight"

Review showing side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SDtAcfUESs

Interstingly, the 6 looks slower...

Thanks for that - very interesting video. No, I'm not wearing anything polarised, just helmet visor, no glasses or anything.

hmmmmm, seems quite a few teething issues with these Nav VIs .think i might hold off buying for a while and still use my V

Does the Nav VI sit straight in to the BMW Nav V cradle then?

Wonder if the Zumo 595 and Nav 6 are similar internally and share the same features?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom