Which motobatt for a twincam GSA?

It is a good idea but I don't think you'd get a piece of webbing in the tray with the battery - it's a very snug fit.

How about a thick tab of gaffer tape? That should give something to tug on to lift the battery out?

I didn't honestly have a problem - you can get your fingers under the battery from the side (the battery box is open at the back). You just have to manipulate the wiring loom section that runs across the frame rail behind the battery (it's slightly in the way).

Zero issues move the loom it is simple.. I considered using an entry pass lanyard to help lift it out, nice and slum.. But no need

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

While you are messing about with the wiring loom, check for chafed wires. Such issues are really common in that plastic channel.

There's bugger all room,

Imagine how i got on having to add a separate live and negative feed to the battery due to starting issues!

it gets very tight between the battery and the frame lol

Mart

why do they have 4 terminal points , can you attach leads to the other's .
also what does the cca stand for

why do they have 4 terminal points , can you attach leads to the other's .
also what does the cca stand for

Yep - four terminal points make it easy to attach accessories etc without disturbing the main battery connections.

CCA = cold cranking amps (higher is better)

Beep noise

Just fitted the 16HD to my twin cam which was the same size a the Exide ordinal.
When I switched on there was a yellow triangle and it did the usual checks but a small beep is heard evey few seconds. I haven't started the bike for a while (dead battery) but I don't remember the beep before.
Any ideas?

I've never heard mine beep...
As above - alarm?

It's early days, but my 4AH JMT Lithium battery is still doing fine. It will discharge to almost dead flat so as a starter battery 4AH is equivalent to 14AH in lead acid. For deep discharge at low current a lead acid would be better. But the Odyssey 14AH only applies when it delivers it's load over 20 hours. 0.7A is not especially useful TBH.

The burst current wont match an Odyssey but the bike starter and cables will never be able to take the quoted 535 Amps so it's only academic and trying that would shorten the battery life. The JMT quotes CCA of 240A against 200A for the Odyssey. However, the lead acid CCA test is not appropriate for a lithium LiFePo so its hard to know how they compare in the real world.

The starter button test says it works fine. I'll have to chuck it in the fridge overnight and see how it behaves on a typical Devon winter morning.

Cost for JMT was £65 against £109 for an Odyssey at Nippy Norman's. Weight is under 1 kg against >5kg.

Back
Top Bottom