R100GS Sat Nav Holder?

Scooter76

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon all.

Got myself an oldish GS (1991) and am looking for a better place for the sat nav. Currently it's on a RAM mount on the handlebar but I'd prefer it to be above the clocks and just under the windscreen. I see that there are bars and whatnot available for more modern GS's but nothing for my version. Any advice / assistance appreciated.

Cheers
Scooter

I use a Garmin car GPS - Nuvi 250. I mounted mine to the screen which worked fine but the only downside is it can be blurred
at certain engine speeds due to vibration. I have fitted a new Ermax screen without the GPS so I'll be interested to see what
solution you go with.

DSCN1967_zpsroe7tik1.jpg

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 400
2 pieces of stainless flat bar circa 200mm in length x 3 or 4mm, cut to suit what length suits you. Put a half twist for angle. Using the Screen mounting holes. Drill holes to align with screen mounting bolt holes drill hole at other end to mount bar below.
1 piece of 19mm round alloy bar. Drill 2 x 6mm holes in either end for mounting onto the Stainless flat bar.

Remove screen screws and replace with longer hex head bolts as required. I think from memory they were about 25 - 30mm.
Mount GPS on bar and wire up GPS as required.

Thats what I did and it work great for me and a mate who's design it was, puts the GPS up in eye level at the top of screen.
If I can find a picture I will post up later. Envisage football goal post to give you a minds eye view.
HTH

Thats how I fitted mine on my GSPD and it was on there for 5 years

Thanks guys, I didn't think there was a pre-made one out there.

Archie - if you have a photo that would be great. Do you mean the screen mooting holes at the front or the side?

I've mine mounted on the bars using the ram mount.
In the photo the bike is up on the lift with the tank removed so my camera angle is a bit odd.
I can take another photo when my baby is out of surgery :)

Attachments

• GPS on mount.jpg
    GPS on mount.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 279
Just read the first post again and saw that it's already on a ram mount :blast .
This is what happens when you post things too early on a Saturday morning.

Sorry for the slow report with pictures of how I made mine. Zoom in to see it better. Hope that helps.

GSPD5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

GSPD4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Archie

Cheers for all the replies guys. Now just got to work it out!

Back
Top Bottom