Best tune for a Rockster?

Mac Henderson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A mate in Canada has just bought a very nice looking Rockster in standard trim. He'd like to give it a bit more oomph and given that he lives in Toronto, a quick trip to Hilltop isn't feasible, so I thought I'd ask the collective wisdom for the best tuning tips.

Currently its factory standard and his plan is to de-cat and fit a Y piece and Remus can plus a K&N air filter. This is the set up I have on my 1150 GSA and its works well for me, although I've read some stuff on here that the K&N filter isn't necessarily the best option and can make them run leaner than normal.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Mac

Currently its factory standard and his plan is to de-cat and fit a Y piece and Remus can plus a K&N air filter.

Laser Eprom or comparable.

Just thrash the fucker to within an inch of its life, Low top gear and close (ish) ratios means it will rev out in top if you tuck in.

Just thrash the fucker to within an inch of its life, Low top gear and close (ish) ratios means it will rev out in top if you tuck in.

yup. ;) Same top gear as the Adv (iirc) means it can rev out in top where the standard R-R won't.

Also - it might be worth seeing if it's fitted with a CCCP. If so I'd suggest removing it as the bike will run perfectly happily without one (I've never had one on any of the 3 Rocksters I've owned).

Back
Top Bottom