Black, Round and Sticky

knapdog

Reaction score
After the problem, you may recall, of me going to a local garage and getting my front wheel "chewed" up on a tyre change, I have since bought a Pilot 4 from Oponeo for £114 for the rear and needed someone to fit it.
Neither J T Motorcycles ( Yamaha) or Thunderroad (Honda) in Bridgend would touch it as it was a BMW and were concerned about the tyre sensor. Riders BMW wanted £49.98 to fit it, which was half an hour's labour. Load of b******s.
So I browsed the net and found this guy, Chris:

http://blackroundsticky.co.uk/mobile/

20170323_100605_zpscws6xbgv.jpg

I had to wait three days before he could book me in but it was worth it. He texted to say the exact time he'd be arriving. You could tell he cared about what he was doing by the cleanliness inside his van, alone.
£25 included balancing and he also fitted the exhaust back on and the heat shield.
He track races and knows his bikes.
The only downside is he only operates within a 40 or 50 mile radius of Cardiff. Just wondering if there are similar services around the country.
I appreciate that local garages may do it for a tenner but this guy is motorcycle specific with his machinery far gentler on the wheel, plus my bike wasn't off the road for a month like last time!

Good to hear of great service; it is far to easy to just moan and criticise.

Let's hear about all the good guys and gals who provide an excellent service.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

My BMW dealer clipped a TPS last week - changing front tyre.................

Perhaps the garages you approached were right to be cautious?

Al

My BMW dealer clipped a TPS last week - changing front tyre.................

Perhaps the garages you approached were right to be cautious?

Al

It's easy not to damage the TPS. You only use leavers on the opposite side to the valve. Total overkill I know but because I have several bikes and was always having to take wheels into town to have tyres changed I bought my own tyre changing machine. Now I've got it I don't seem to need so many tyres but it's great not having to depend on others for this.

i take mine to the local nationwide tyre fitters got separate machines to fit bike tyres and only a 10 quid a wheel

There's a few guys on Dragon Bikers use Round Black and Sticky and really rate him (Chris I think). For anyone in Swansea Terry in Clydach Auto Centre is very good and chargers a tenner to fit any tyre on a loose wheel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comes to something when folk can no longer fit tyres,,,,
Fucking hell ,brain surgery it is not.
You just need to think about what you are doing, and set the machine in the correct position before rotation.
Problem nowadays is no one is trained anymore:mad:
Edit,very pleased you have someone local you can trust:thumby:
Support local businesses :thumby::thumby::thumby:

Back
Top Bottom