Steering lock

Traffic893

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure if this is right forum but here goes.
Calling all engineering types.
Having seen how easy it was,on a video,to kick the handlebars to break a steering lock,I was walking the dog when an idea came to me.
When the bike is parked and the handle bars turned fully to the left to engage the steering lock the idea is to prevent the handle bars from turning.
I thought about a chain or bar which would lock onto the disc lock for example and then lock onto a crash bar or eyelet bolted onto the frame which would prevent the handle bars being turned in any way and thus the scrotes can't kick the handle bars to break the lock.
Good chains are big and heavy, I was just trying to think of a lighter easier alternative.
I'm sure you can see the idea or am I over thinking it?

There are mopes where you can lock the bar to the seat. Wonder if we see that on big bikes soon. Something has to happen

My '95 H-D has the provision to mount a heavy-duty padlock through a couple of holes linking the bottom yoke to the steering head acting as a secondary steering lock that you can't easily remove (without a grinder in a tight location).
A simple idea that could help prevent a lot of easy thefts!

My '95 H-D has the provision to mount a heavy-duty padlock through a couple of holes linking the bottom yoke to the steering head acting as a secondary steering lock that you can't easily remove (without a grinder in a tight location).
A simple idea that could help prevent a lot of easy thefts!

Such a simple idea.
Manufacturers just don't seem bothered. In a ideal world sales would fall considerably across all bike makes until they sorted something out, bet it wouldn't take them long.

Back
Top Bottom