disc lock

Get down to your local BMW dealer, They do a Motorrad branded version of the ABUS Granit Detecto X Plus 8077 disc lock with Alarm. Great bit of kit and I got mine for less than the standard ABUS version :thumb
sierra_BMW_Motorcycle_disc%20lock_77252414845.jpg

https://www.abus.com/uk/Mobile-Security/Motorbike-Scooter/Brake-disc-locks/GRANIT-Detecto-X-Plus-8077

I have on of these for sale if your interested? Brand new, and still factory sealed. You can have it for £100.

I like the roadlok. Is there a dealer in U.K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've been using this

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mo...BQc3taEHXJ8A4-Yyzz0HkemOMfXQSX907hBoCCYfw_wcB

I found the shackle can be fitted from inside the wheel/disc web and the lock over the caliper bracket arm - basically totally hiding the shackle part and only showing the lock to the outside. No movement of the front wheel is possible.

I have been using a yellow one of these for years. Easy to install and no issues with the lock mechanism sticking. Being yellow it really stands out and cuts down the misfortune of riding off with it still in place.

The best tip I have for disc locks is to have a small bit of tube over the key, when you put the lock on you have to put the tube off and you put it on your ignition key - impossible to forget you have the disc lock on the bike. -simple :)

Unless you have keyless lol

I have a ABUS 8008 which Fits perfectly and includes an alarm.

Pros :- massive bit of kit which is very solid.
The main shaft that passes through the disc is 19mm, bigger than most.
Although the alarm will not stop the dedicated thief it may stop less professional txxts
With the alarm fitted you won’t try off with the lock still fited to the disc.
Thatchem Class 9, I think this is the only lock to have this high a rating ( probably Still get you nothing knocked off your insurance though)

Cons :- weighs a ton
Alarm is very sensitive and you have very limited time to lock and unlock it.
Very expensive

Plus one for the xena alarmed. I found that by fitting it low down on the disc, it would be less sensitive, and still be very effective. I used to put it high up, but found that was too sensitive i.e a strong gust of wind would set it off.

16mm Pragmasis chain and Anti Pinch Pin, Roadlok, Abus Sledg Disc lock, 3x unbranded feck off padlocks on rear disc and front disc. Probably 15 minutes of grinding to get past everything.

16mm Pragmasis chain and Anti Pinch Pin, Roadlok, Abus Sledg Disc lock, 3x unbranded feck off padlocks on rear disc and front disc. Probably 15 minutes of grinding to get past everything.
.. and you carry all that with you all the time? but I suspect we'll worth it. Nice strategy btw. :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plus one for the xena alarmed. I found that by fitting it low down on the disc, it would be less sensitive, and still be very effective. I used to put it high up, but found that was too sensitive i.e a strong gust of wind would set it off.

best place for a disk lock is as close as you can, under the brake caliper. This does 2 things, the one you mention and also means the wheel cannot rotate very far so you will not damage anything as the bike will stop before any speed or torque has been generated.

I haven't been able to find this anywhere online. Is it only available in dealers ? The branded one I mean. Cheers
The one on eBay I purchased it now, but Billy Big Roy has one for sale post 21, For £100.

best place for a disk lock is as close as you can, under the brake caliper. This does 2 things, the one you mention and also means the wheel cannot rotate very far so you will not damage anything as the bike will stop before any speed or torque has been generated.

Thanks Wessie. I'd not though of the second benefit...:beerjug:

.. and you carry all that with you all the time? but I suspect we'll worth it. Nice strategy btw. :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nope. Most trips start and finish at home. Sometimes via a burger van when it stays within site. If it's going to be left out of site then the whole lot comes with me. The Pragmasis has two padlocks so we can loop it around a solid object and my mates bike too. Always keeping the chain hanging though. ��

It's like the old joke.......... Two men are walking through an African game reserve when they come across a lion, one of the men calmly puts down his backpack and slips on the running shoes he has been carrying.

The other man chuckles and says, “You’ll never outrun a lion."

To which the other man calmly responds, “I don’t need to outrun the lion; I just need to outrun you." ��������

Not sure I would recommend xena, I bought the xx14 but it hasn't faired well. It looks solid but the internal alarm plastic module is very fragile. I dropped mine while taking it off the disc, only about a foot but it fractured the plastic tabs internally and the alarm wouldn't stop sounding.
A bit of superglue fixed it but I wont be able to replace the battery when it packs up.

Nemesis disc lock, 16mm, fits the front wheel inner cast web lovely. Red rubber cap acts as a reminder for my keyless bike.

For my 1150 with ignition key these are excellent and cheap reminders

Back
Top Bottom