Fuel Strip to Float Conversion...Dummy Run

Some time ago I mentioned that I was building a float convertor for the GS(A)'s, it's ready now!
Today I made a started with my website but it's still under construction although it will be ready in the next two weeks.

So, with ordering it, manuals etc. Then the site also be available in the English language. You now can take a look at my website at www.proebeemer.nl .
Klik on "Produkten" then you'll see the Float Control. In the past weekt Float Control is heavy tested on several bikes.
After the website is finnished I'll start with some embedded software for placing a float in the tank of a R1200RT just like the Polish PDF. Because you can't click a original float on the pumpunit in thCe tank of a R1200RT. For that purpose I use a (car) float of the brand "Bugiad". German brand and also same quality as VDO float's.

With my Float Control for GS(A) you should use floater type number for the GSA: 16148554065 and for the GS: 16148554064

Bert Proeme
Netherlands

> ProeBeemer: Great to see you are up with your float converter site. Will you ship to USA? Please.....I am happy to pay for international shipping. If not will you ship to my cousin in UK and he will ship to me...?

Bendy, do you think any savvy DIY enthusiast could mimic Henk Poskam's converter and install it with float?
Henk has ceased trading now sadly.
It seemed to have worked for other members on here.
Wish I'd ordered one sooner!!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Spoke to Henk today, he has not ceased trading but is selling the converter in bulk to a Dutch BMW dealer who in turn sells to the public, he has also produced a product that reads full on the dash at all times for those who keep the strip but want no faults on the dash.

Just about to order the original converter and will post the dealers info on here once I have done it.

JimmyMac

You can make your own full tank spoof device with three resistors for about £5. The 1 watt type has exactly the right size "legs" to fit the cable connector. When done wrap the lot in self amalgamating tape. Ideally solder the 1meg ohm between resistor legs 3 and 4, but the wire is very fine and cane be wrapped around. The tape keeps it all together.

I tried mine without the 1 Meg bias resistor and the bike things the fuel strip is broken again.

Spoke to Henk today, he has not ceased trading but is selling the converter in bulk to a Dutch BMW dealer who in turn sells to the public, he has also produced a product that reads full on the dash at all times for those who keep the strip but want no faults on the dash.

Just about to order the original converter and will post the dealers info on here once I have done it.

JimmyMac

Woopee ! Watch the stealer add 1000% onto the original cost.:comfort

Is this the one?

EUR 300.00 Approximately £265.12 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R120...318439?hash=item2844f0b8a7:g:VLMAAOSw4PxZ9utY

s-l225.jpg

The Polish made adapter works with a car fuel tank float. It’s attached to the fuel pump carrier with self tappers.
The adapter has an adjustable input range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My spoofer works fine with the 1Megohm bias. Behaves like a broken strip when the 1meg is disconnected.
I’ve been able to get full 1/2 full and empty using the potentiometer. BUT can’t test the resistance on the fly so not yet got a reliable full to empty range for the fuel strip.

A long shot but does anyone know anything about Wheatstone Bridge circuits.

Problem

Hi!
I have a strange problem! I just installed the converter. And it works fine, except is won't show empty. Last 2 lines always appear. But th bike does the same with a working fuel-strip as well. Calibration is successfull, but with a complete dry fuel strip, I still got some reading. Of course the same is true with the converter/arm sender variaton.

Take some spare fuel and run it dry. If the trip computer tallies with the empty tank then don’t worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoke with Dutch supplier on Monday, the converter arrived today for the princely sum of £102 delivered.

Spent 1 hour stripping out old strip and fitting float which I already had along with converter, built it all up and took it for a spin, within 200 metres the gauge started working. Went to petrol station and filled to brim, gauge showed full.

Cant fault it and I was happy with price when you consider how much a new OEM strip is and you know it will fail eventually.

Anyone want the old strip to mess around with, it has been repaired a few times with a piezo but it needs it again, might be of use to you guys that are measuring resistance etc.

JimmyMac

Spoke with Dutch supplier on Monday, the converter arrived today for the princely sum of £102 delivered.

Spent 1 hour stripping out old strip and fitting float which I already had along with converter, built it all up and took it for a spin, within 200 metres the gauge started working. Went to petrol station and filled to brim, gauge showed full.

Cant fault it and I was happy with price when you consider how much a new OEM strip is and you know it will fail eventually.

Anyone want the old strip to mess around with, it has been repaired a few times with a piezo but it needs it again, might be of use to you guys that are measuring resistance etc.

JimmyMac

That's a very good price, especially considering the amount of work to get it working.
Are you using the BMW float sender?
Do you know it's resistance range? I would like to try and find a car tank level sender as they are 2p in a breakers

JimmyMac

That's a very good price, especially considering the amount of work to get it working.
Are you using the BMW float sender?
Do you know it's input resistance range? I would like to try and find a car tank level sender as they are 2p in a breakers

Aye Bendy, I am using a float from a 2012 TC, didn't know the range just took the whole assembly out of the 2012 including the pump dropped it in to my tank after I took the strip out and it worked. To be honest the whole kit on eBay isn't to bad a price when you consider how much BMW want for yet another shite strip. You might get a float from someone like moto works or other breakers.

Hope you find a cure, I'm mighty glad to get that fecking yellow light out.

JimmyMac

Back
Top Bottom