Hello from Cornwall!

KJCornwall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just decided to trade in my R1200RS for a new GS. The RS ownership experience has been 'difficult' to say the least. Bike bought new in September 2015 and covered 3,800 miles. In that time:
* new clutch slave cylinder
* replacement of exhaust cam tensioner
* breakdown and recovery to discover failed crankshaft bearing - full engine replacement in January this year
* breakdown and recovery, again, for failure to start - software update to repair faulty auxiliary socket and new battery.

The last being the straw that finally broke this camel's back. Given a GS to ride while the RS was being 'investigated'.....and it was love at first ride! Very good deal offered by Ocean Plymouth and order now placed. Should pick the new toy up middle of next week.

Hugger, front mudguard extender, and GiVi Trekker top box ordered.

Looking forward to the GS ownership experience, and hoping it will be better than the RS experience has been.:bounce1

Greetings & welcome to the forum....here's hoping for better luck with the GS!! :thumby:

Just decided to trade in my R1200RS for a new GS. The RS ownership experience has been 'difficult' to say the least. Bike bought new in September 2015 and covered 3,800 miles. In that time:
* new clutch slave cylinder
* replacement of exhaust cam tensioner
* breakdown and recovery to discover failed crankshaft bearing - full engine replacement in January this year
* breakdown and recovery, again, for failure to start - software update to repair faulty auxiliary socket and new battery.

The last being the straw that finally broke this camel's back. Given a GS to ride while the RS was being 'investigated'.....and it was love at first ride! Very good deal offered by Ocean Plymouth and order now placed. Should pick the new toy up middle of next week.

Hugger, front mudguard extender, and GiVi Trekker top box ordered.

Looking forward to the GS ownership experience, and hoping it will be better than the RS experience has been.:bounce1

welcome.Got to say I admire your buying another BMW. Dont worry its not typical. Enjoy the gs. They like to be riden and thrive on miles. JJH

Everything I've seen and read suggest I was indeed unlucky. But once you've lost faith in a bike, there's really only one solution. local BMW dealer (Ocean Plymouth) have been great and put together a deal it was hard to refuse. They loaned me a GS for a couple of days...and I was sold. Hope to be picking it up on Tuesday. just in time for the rain to start down here!

Back
Top Bottom