Mugged by insurance company

£153 last year with Bennetts. I've just been quoted £580 by them for a new bike ☹️ I didn't see that coming.

£153 last year with Bennetts. I've just been quoted £580 by them for a new bike ☹️ I didn't see that coming.

I think they seem to take the approach that you've bought a new bike, so have plenty of money.:blast

Mine was £420 for new £17,000 GSA Triple Black with 5 years NCB, pillion cover, European Cover and £175 voluntary Excess. I thought that was about right as Im an Advanced Rider and 49 years old. Thats with Bennetts

It was MCE ,the advisor was gone a while consulting with her manager and no refund was the verdict

Just had similar probs with them mentioned FCA then she was away another 7/8 mins now sorted all calls are recorded so it actually helps you more than you think

I would suggest a quick call to these guys; https://www.bemoto.uk/

I was very impressed by their knowledge of the market and willingness to go to bat on your behalf with the underwriters.

They are a small broker with just a few guys dealing with calls; definitely not a "computer says no" outfit, and they don't work with mickey mouse insurers.

Obviously it all depends on circumstances but I ended up with what appears to be much better cover than was offered by MCE and for a lower premium.

I spoke to a chap called Nick.

My renewal from Bennetts went up from £190 to £270, but was only £210 online including European breakdown cover, so it went down slightly in reality (only had UK roadside assistance last year).

I had to phone them to cancel the auto renewal and then take out the new policy online though :thumby:

Insurance is going up a lot because the Government in their wisdom has changed the rules for personal injury compensation making the payments much higher..,and on the basis it appears there are allot of lying scum who, encouraged by ambulance chasers are claiming £bns for whiplash it is no wonder. That and every GSA is being nicked.

BMW Insurance (ERS supplied) seem to be not wanting any repeat business...2yr old GSA was around £350 at the start.....got a new GSA last July (dealer wrote mine off on post service test ride...) and they wanted an extra £400 in July for a policy that ends April time......sure enough - renewal now is £750 ?! Shame they're completely off the mark as I wanted the back-up of the name. I realise they sub it out....but there's still a come back to BMW Customer Services if the underwriting insurer feck around. Devitt is £322 by comparison ! I notice on the BMW policy that they'd noted down £x accessories......but only cover £100 worth ! So they penalise you for having the dark farkles but they wont cover them by default !

I would suggest a quick call to these guys; https://www.bemoto.uk/

I was very impressed by their knowledge of the market and willingness to go to bat on your behalf with the underwriters.

They are a small broker with just a few guys dealing with calls; definitely not a "computer says no" outfit, and they don't work with mickey mouse insurers.

Obviously it all depends on circumstances but I ended up with what appears to be much better cover than was offered by MCE and for a lower premium.

I spoke to a chap called Nick.

I spoke to them to, but wasn't lucky to get insurance due to living inside m25 and bikes value is to high. They said I must try them again next year as they would love to insure me. If you mention 44teeth you'll be getting £500 towards your excess too. Log onto 44teeth (offers section) for more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My FC renewal for a 2015 GS TE is about £300 with BMW; it went up by £285 when I said I was changing to a 2017 GS TE. Ouch!
Shopped around; Bennetts are about £300 but with £600 excess; Bemoto are £340 but with £200 excess (giving an additional policy to cover the excess).
Go compare came up with £180 and £350 excess (Hastings Direct).
There's a lot of choice out there and large spread of prices.
Decisions, decisions ..

Back
Top Bottom