Mugged by insurance company

Tyzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Renewed my 2015 GS ins last September for £351 with 1 years ncb. Changing my bike next Tuesday for a GS Exclusive they wanted £720 ? Managed to get it for £485 with a different insurer that's still a large increase.

Called them back to cancel the policy expecting a part refund to be told that because it's over 6 months I'm not entitled to any ,advisor said if I had paid the premium monthly I could have just cancelled the payment ,lesson learnt don't pay the premium annually.I feel well and truly shafted !

Yes but paying by direct debit normally incurs a ~20% APR. Screwed either way.

Blame Wapping. It's all his fault.

Never heard this 6 month rule, you are entitled to the unused part of your insurance( you have at least 5 months unused) on a pro rata basis less an admin fee, typically about £30

Don't take know for an answer and if you do, get it in writing, and go to the Insurance Ombudsman. I have cancelled plenty of times and always get some money back.

I believe the insurance group for GS`s has gone from 12 to 15 . Is this correct?

First of all read your terms and conditions. Secondly if it is the case you are entitled to a refund make the broker aware that you will refer the case to the insurance ombudsman.

I'll take a look at the policy,I must admit I have had refunds with car policies in the past .Bike insurers seem to be a different breed and make the rules up as they go along.Im a bit pissed as it takes the edge of the deal I got on the Gs

It was MCE ,the advisor was gone a while consulting with her manager and no refund was the verdict

I meant who advised you could just cancel the dd to avoid paying the rest of the premiums ? if you'd paid by dd...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The advisor I spoke to,mind you after speaking to a few companies it surprising how little these people know.i usually renew online without speaking to anyone but wanted to clarify a few things regarding theft and the extras fitted. It's scary how much it's gone up,it's gone from £350 with 1 years ncb to£485 with 6 yrs ncb.I have sold my other bike so used the ncb from that policy,hence the 6yrs ncb and trust me £485 was the cheapest I could find.

mines £440 for new rallye and extras to value of 16700 and a 2016 ktm 300 6days exc. Both fully comp & 9+ years bonus

That's a good price,but that's the best I could get.

Fuck thought mine was expensive @ £153 fully comp

If you thought £153 for anything fully comp was expensive you need to join us in 2017 and say goodbye to the late 80's

You bought the cheapest policy you could find and then found there was a reason it was so cheap?

Go figure.:blast

£144 I think my 2016 gsa te was with Bennetts , BMW quoted me £745 for my new 2017 gsa te so I am calling Bennetts tomorrow as I got the free 5 day

Back
Top Bottom