Adventure Triple Black 2017 Euro4

Get some clear film on the sides of the tank and the swingarm. SignatureCD do a kit for the triple black.:thumb

Yep, I'll second that. I've got the kit, will be fitting it tomorrow. There is also a new kit for Triple Black, Called "Masai".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I'll second that. I've got the kit, will be fitting it tomorrow.

You'll be able to see how not to fit it later, when you see my bike!:D

My personal view, not popular with many is a second key, you only get one wireless one with the bike and a plastic emergency one.

My personal view, not popular with many is a second key, you only get one wireless one with the bike and a plastic emergency one.

Oh don't start this on here :blast, I just about got over it from the last thread

I'd add A cruise control for those long tours and front axle bobbins to the list.. my GSA makes me smile just looking at it and remembering the last ride ...then looking forward to the next..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My top 3 pop pickers...

1. Mudsling and fender extender from Nippy Norman. Get it on before you do anything.
2. Dab the spoke nuts with ACF 50.
3. Side stand foot enlarger. Rizoma do a tasty one. I have seen many bikes fall over in the soft stuff- stood still!

Wow, scary info to take in for a new member, but most of it good advice.. (not sure about the cruise control though, could have sworn mine came as standard..

1 thing nobody mentioned, the centre stand is prone to stone chips from the front wheel, I suggest a piece of conduit/garden hose or similar cable tied around the stand or it'll rust its ass off..

Also a cymark or Evotech front engine protector plate & also a mudsling for the rear or you'll be getting the rear of your legs wet the first puddle you encounter..

Enjoy the bike tho..
good luck

Not scary at all, I'm an old dog when it comes to forums and bikes.

On friendly and populated forums, I've found quickest way to start in the right direction is to ask the question first, and then pump the Search Engines.

Been busy with my shopping list this morning.

R&G Radiator Guards Ordered
Mudsling Ordered
Engine Guard Ordered
Givi Plate Converter and side mounts Ordered (I've already got Black Trekker 33 and 52 luggage)
Already got ACF 50

I'll get some pictures up when shes home.

A 'Lizard Skin' which is made of neoprene and velcro. These are traditionally used on push bikes around the lower frame parts. This can be fixed around the centre stand cross member to stop stone chips from stones thrown up by the wheels. Bike shops such as Halfords hold stock.

Ive had GS's for 8years now and with each bike I add less and less farkles, they are just absolutely not necessary, particularly protection, priority for me would be stuff that improves or enhances the pleasure you get from riding it and that will become clearer once you have experience of the bike, enjoy.
And get some luggage for your trips:thumb2

Ive had GS's for 8years now and with each bike I add less and less farkles, they are just absolutely not necessary, particularly protection, priority for me would be stuff that improves or enhances the pleasure you get from riding it and that will become clearer once you have experience of the bike, enjoy.
And get some luggage for your trips:thumb2

I agree 100% with this.

R&G radiator guards I always do this on every bike.
Huggers I never buy normally but I will on this bike as it'll be used heavily all year round.

But that's about it I think.

Just to update this thread. Went a bit mad...

So far, I bought and fitted...

1) Mudsling Rear Guard and Front Fender Extender
2) Givi Smoked Hand Guard Extender
3) XHead Engine Guards
4) Touratech Headlight Guard
5) R&G Radiator Guards
6) Tank Protector and Stomp Grips
7) BMW Motorrad Frame Guards
8) Givi Top Plate and Givi Quick Release Pannier Racks
9) CREE LED Off Road Lamps and HEX EZCAN electronics
10) Go-Gravel side stand foot enlarger.

A) Booked BMW Off Road Course in September...

... and I've no intention of taking this off-road

Hi all,

I ordered a 2017 euro4 R1200GS Adventure Triple Black today with Keyless Start, Gear Shift Pro and Navigation6.

Not had a BMW bike before.

Is there anything immediate I need at put on this machine for safety? like rad guard etc?

Many thanks

Welcome to the club, I remember you from the VFR site.... Great bike, although mine at 6months old still under 1000miles... need to get out more...

I am buying another bike so I don't have to ride mine in horrible weather

makes it a lot cheaper in the long run than all the corrosion problems

mine is a 2017 5 week old and has 1300 mls on it already lol

got a rear mudsling, front engine guard , puig screen, rear gpr carbon exhaust, boxes all round, headlight protector, and just in the process of some inner bags and looking at getting some acf 50 for it or similar

ordered some bmw rad guards and also got the rallye frame protectors on it too as I do wear big endure / motocross boots

my last one went off pretty quick so got to keep on top of them and clean

enjoy ...................:beerjug:

Welcome to the club, I remember you from the VFR site.... Great bike, although mine at 6months old still under 1000miles... need to get out more...

Hoping this year will be good weather. Looking forward to a good season.

got a rear mudsling, front engine guard , puig screen, rear gpr carbon exhaust, boxes all round, headlight protector, and just in the process of some inner bags and looking at getting some acf 50 for it or similar

ordered some bmw rad guards and also got the rallye frame protectors on it too as I do wear big endure / motocross boots

Very nice. I kept my old 1250 Bandit as my winter (salt) bike. It does get battered during the gritting season. Dont mind riding in wet and mud. Its the salt that kills it quick.

Very nice. I kept my old 1250 Bandit as my winter (salt) bike. It does get battered during the gritting season. Dont mind riding in wet and mud. Its the salt that kills it quick.

Isn't that what cages are for, innit :p. :beerjug:

There are lots of ex Bikers Oracle VFR people on here, probably due to Honda's inability to upgrade the VFR800 in a timely fashion and when they finally did, the VFR12 disappointed many as a lost opportunity. :blast

I came to my original GSA after waiting and waiting for the replacement to the very worthy but ancient Pan (and a viff too) and have just bought my second GSA after 7 years with the twin cam.

Enjoy your Beemers guys.
:beerjug:

I did the same :aidan

Attachments

• IMG_6145.jpg
    IMG_6145.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 528

Back
Top Bottom