Adventure Triple Black 2017 Euro4

I had my 'bonding' moment today with my new GSA.

You know that moment on a new ride where you merge with the bike and it all flows. My mate even commented while following how he noticed it. Auto-shifter is just brilliant, front brake, blip down the box.... back on it.... nice.

Could be a keeper this one. 1200 miles in now and looking good, very good.

1340mls on mine now and to be honest I don't like it at all
rubbish clunky gearbox, noisy when riding, shift assist is sometimes useless, gearbox is not letting me go up and down sometimes and so on
really wished I had a different 2017 model to compare mine to as the engine noise is horrendous, I had a 2016 before with 5500mls on it and it was abused and sounds twice as quiet, I don't think mine is ok to be honest

rubbish clunky gearbox, noisy when riding, shift assist is sometimes useless, gearbox is not letting me go up and down sometimes and so on
really wished I had a different 2017 model to compare mine to as the engine noise is horrendous, I had a 2016 before with 5500mls on it and it was abused and sounds twice as quiet, I don't think mine is ok to be honest

Thats not good.

Most BMW dealers have a demo bike. Ask to try another one, see if you feel the same.

Those boxes look fantastic.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Thank you 1+. They look exactly as I hoped they would. Not keen on the "gap round the edge and rivets" look that comes with a lot of wraps. Have yet to paint the inner face of the exhaust side pannier with heat-proof paint but that'll get done on my next set of days off.

I found on my 2016 LC I've been fighting my gearbox and shift assist pro. When I first bought my bike a had a real issue with 1st to 2nd and sometimes to 3rd catching and not fully meshing straight away. I also had really poor experiences with shift assist being really clunky and feeling really mechanically hammering the the box.

I basically found I was being too much of a fanny, hesitating and tiptoeing around normal and assisted changes. I find if I take the approache of rapid tap changing up and down, with and without assist, the gear changing is much smoother. I also find on assisted down shifts, counting three seconds from rolling off the throttle makes shifting even down to 2nd smooth. I also don't preload the gears prior to changing, which some people do. I think this may have been confusing the shift assist pro.

Mark

Matt, yours is not the " norm " I'm certain of that. I sometimes ride York, Helmsley way so if you want to meet up sometime let me know. We could try each other's bikes to make comparisons. Mines a 17 model year gsa triple black with 5000 miles on it. Just send me a pm if interested.

Interesting... I recently tested a 2017 GSA and a 2017 GS... oddly the GSA motor felt allot smoother than the GS which is odd as they are practically identical...

Might be placebo but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... I recently tested a 2017 GSA and a 2017 GS... oddly the GSA motor felt allot smoother than the GS which is odd as they are practically identical...

Might be placebo but...

Final drive ratios are different from what i read, perhaps that has got something to do with it.

bmw tech came and rode my bike yesterday and there is problems, he said the gearbox is not working as it should and indeed the motor is very loud and does indeed rattle a lot more than it should, Marshall BMW in Grimsby have been absolutely superb to the extent of hopefully getting me a bike direct from BMW to use for the month or so it might take to get it either fixed or a new engine and gearbox, to be honest though I don't trust the bike anymore as I had a similar problem on a brand new RF 600 Suzuki way back when and the gearbox dropped into neautral and into a lower gear on a left hand bend subsequently locking the rear wheel and spitting me off into the path of an oncoming car so If its a new engine and box I want a new bike as this has really put me off this one, but again, Marshall BMW have been superb and have done everything they can to accommodate all my problems

bmw tech came and rode my bike yesterday and there is problems, he said the gearbox is not working as it should and indeed the motor is very loud and does indeed rattle a lot more than it should, Marshall BMW in Grimsby have been absolutely superb to the extent of hopefully getting me a bike direct from BMW to use for the month or so it might take to get it either fixed or a new engine and gearbox, to be honest though I don't trust the bike anymore as I had a similar problem on a brand new RF 600 Suzuki way back when and the gearbox dropped into neautral and into a lower gear on a left hand bend subsequently locking the rear wheel and spitting me off into the path of an oncoming car so If its a new engine and box I want a new bike as this has really put me off this one, but again, Marshall BMW have been superb and have done everything they can to accommodate all my problems

Good news, one step at a time then.

Back
Top Bottom