Adventure Triple Black 2017 Euro4

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered a 2017 euro4 R1200GS Adventure Triple Black today with Keyless Start, Gear Shift Pro and Navigation6.

Not had a BMW bike before.

Is there anything immediate I need at put on this machine for safety? like rad guard etc?

Many thanks

Hi all,

I ordered a 2017 euro4 R1200GS Adventure Triple Black today with Keyless Start, Gear Shift Pro and Navigation6.

Is there anything immediate I need at put on this machine for safety? like rad guard etc?

Many thanks

You'll need one of these for a start, then one of each from BMW section :rob :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f1d77c611b8cbe26f4040b61efcf83fc.jpg

Yup, put on rad guards. who would have thought that 3/8" granite can spoil a trip so quickly, a visit to evotech and £80.00 sorted !
Next stop Hilltop Tuning then get over to France and enjoy.

Great, thanks gents.. :thumb

Depending on your height, a new screen.

Mudslinger but beware it doesn't fit when you add other accessories, well mine doesn't.

Great bike, I'm sure you will love it.

Hi all,

Many thanks

Just your arse, and ride it... all the farkling will come naturally oh and a headlight protector ...., enjoy the purchase buddy, ride safe

Thank you again all for taking time and your kind replies.

I'm not planning on taking this bike 'off road' at the moment. I've got here through years of distilation in the road biking scene.

Triumph Daytona 675R - Lazer sharp handling, brilliant bike but ran risk of blowing it up as ragging it was so much fun.

Honda VFR1200F - Good handling for weight, convenient, but couldnt get through winter without calipers binding all the time.

Bandit 1250 Naked Customized - Great cheap all round Winter bike but lacking in any modern electronics.

Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance Sport - One trick Pony. Speed. Hand that one back before I get Jailed.

Yamaha FJR1300 'Special' - Comfortable but boring (well thats if I dont use Blue Lights on it).

So that covers the last 6 years and I'm hoping the big GS Adventure will give me all weather riding comfort and toys to enjoy my 50th year on this great fun Planet.

Thank you again all for taking time and your kind replies.

I'm not planning on taking this bike 'off road' at the moment. I've got here through years of distilation in the biking scene.

Triumph Daytona 675R - Lazer sharp handling, brilliant bike but ran risk of blowing it up as ragging it was so much fun.

Honda VFR1200F - Good handling for weight, convenient, but couldnt get through winter without calipers binding all the time.

Bandit 1250 Naked Customized - Great cheap all round Winter bike but lacking in any modern electronics.

Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance Sport - One trick Pony. Speed. Hand that one back before I get Jailed.

Yamaha FJR1300 'Special' - Comfortable but boring (well thats if I dont use Blue Lights on it).

So that covers the last 6 years and I'm hoping the big GS Adventure will give me all weather riding comfort and toys to enjoy my 50th year on this great fun Planet.

Go for it!! I love my ADV it just makes me smile when riding it, like no other bike has ever done! I don't know why, but it does

Hiya WL, and welcome to the dark side - thought I recognised the handle. Feel free to PM me if you want a chat. :aidan

Im on my second GSA after 33k on the first one and it still looking like brand spanking new (many don't)

The mods I consider a 'must' on the new-one to keep it tip top were
Mudsling or similar on the rear.
Cymarc stainless steel engine protector - the front engine case is really vulnerable to flaking.
(NB a Nippy Norman Fender extender doesn't fit with this on but then not needed.)
rad gurds- plenty out there to choose from.
Paint protector film on the tank is pretty useful

ACF 50 is your frind, it aint a Honda.

IMHO that lot should have come as standard, or at last overcomes any design deficiencies.

Thats what I wouldnt ride off without on a brand new GSA, anything else is just down to your own personal choice.

Hope that helps

I think that the only item it would be prudent to buy (if you have any money left) - would be radiator guards, and even they - are playing it extra safe.

Al

Hope that helps

Hiya, yes its me, working my way through every bike manufacturer slowly haha.

Thanks for your advice and offer. Its appreciated.

If you should lay the bike down on the road then the final drive is vulnerable to damage, it can be protected with a cover from Touratech and a Slider/bobin, which are available cheaper on the auction site.

In addition to the Mudsling and Avant fender extender the X-Head cylinder protectors are a good quality items.

Get some clear film on the sides of the tank and the swingarm. SignatureCD do a kit for the triple black.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom