Bleeding brakes with ABS

mylovelyhorse

Reaction score
My front brakes were binding horribly. It's not just the pins or cleanliness, the pistons are very hard to move. I've removed the calipers and sent them off for a refurbishment. They'll be back in a week or so with all back to good condition, new seals, possibly new pistons etc.

I've never had to bleed brakes with ABS before - my last bike (an R1150GS) didn't have it fitted. Any tips on doing it properly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably a bit late now but if you can find a way to clamp off the pipe and stop all the fluid running out it will bleed up easily.
I'm going to guess it's a braided hose so don't use a conventional hose clamp as you will deform the pipe.

Probably a bit late now but if you can find a way to clamp off the pipe and stop all the fluid running out it will bleed up easily.
I'm going to guess it's a braided hose so don't use a conventional hose clamp as you will deform the pipe.

I've tried to minimise fluid loss by not removing the reservoir cap but - as you say - haven't used clamps as the hoses would be damaged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom