Sportouring.com

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody used them?

They claim to the UK's biggest Wunderlich distributor. Took them two weeks to deliver an item listed as in-stock. When it finally arrived, they'd succeeded in shipping the wrong thing.

That was four days ago. I contacted them straightaway since when nothing other than flannel...

Am I just unlucky or are they generally useless?

Was going to buy a screen from them but they were so crap at responding to my enquiries I never did......

If the sportstouring in WALES Iam surprised to hear bad comments got a couple of intercoms off them and found them nothing but helpful and polite with first class postage and back up

I have always found them super helpful and friendly. Dropped in to see them a couple of times too and it was tea and biscuits all round.

Not sure if the same chaps still run things, but I dealt with Mike and he was a pleasure to do a deal with.

Matt

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just bought an Elephant Tank Bag and bar risers off them 2-3 weeks ago. Services was spot on as were the products. Top marks from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody used them?

They claim to the UK's biggest Wunderlich distributor. Took them two weeks to deliver an item listed as in-stock. When it finally arrived, they'd succeeded in shipping the wrong thing.

That was four days ago. I contacted them straightaway since when nothing other than flannel...

Am I just unlucky or are they generally useless?

They are a small shop in mid wales. my experience has been that they are very polite and helpful. Wunderlich stuff does take a while I believe as they come directly from manufacturer, as has happened with me as well.

Your experience mirrors mine with Wunderlich risers for my R1200RS. Initially they sent the completely wrong part for a bike 5 years older. Then the second part came, this had the part no ordered but it seems the description on their website was inaccurate - there are 3 possible kits for my bike - one for a bike with no satnav cradle, one for a bike with the cradle and a third consisting of the special bolts to convert the former to the latter. My bike needed the complete kit with special bolts.
Responses to emails were very slow to non-existent. The owner did ring once to say he would take personal responsibility to fix the problem. The website remains misleading and I have 2 Wunderlich kits, neither designed for my bike as it came.

Scroll on 3 months and I have removed the BMW satnav cradle as it is poorly located and fitted the riser kit supplied. It works.

I still have the kit for a 2011 BMW R1200R sitting around, waiting for a returns label. I also have a bad taste about this company's ability to offer a decent service. I have read of other stories on other forums. It would seem that the owner works elsewhere full time (prison guard some say) and tries to keep this business going as well. He's either too tired to do a proper job or has poorly trained staff.

Previous orders from their ebay shop went fine but I'm unlikely to trust them with any further orders. Everyone makes mistakes but it should not be a painful experience to try to get a resolution.

Back
Top Bottom