Newbie WITH 2008 GS Adventure

ElliotGSA

Reaction score
Hi guys, I will introduce myself.....Elliot's the name and I've returned to biking after almost 30 years.
I've bought a 2008 GSA in yellow. It's sitting in the garage until I attend a return to biking course, I am so looking forward to having a blast around the Southern English countryside.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

welcome. Return to biking? Its just like swiming you never loose it. Ride and enjoy. Ive done a few bike coursrs myself. I'm still useless. JJH

Ive had my fun bikes years ago, RD500, FZ750, GSXR1100 Slabside but don't want the neck and back pain in my slightly older age, sit up and beg is the way forward. I sat one day before Christmas and watched the box set of Euan and Charlie the long way round and decided that GS is the way to go....and here i am 😆

Welcome back Elliot, let us know when you're riding again and how you're getting on :beerjug:

Well i did the 3 hour 1to1 bike2bike course on a Suzi Gladius 650!
I've been up and running on the GSA now for a week and im loving it, still getting used to its big dimensions even at 6,2" !!
It is a tall bike with the Powerbronze seat on.
Hardest thing getting used to the off throttle deceleration, who needs brakes ;)
It was well worth doing a course just to get the nod from an instructor that the knowledge is still there after all that time away from 2 wheels.
I love the height compared to my old sports bikes, its great to sit and be comfortable behind a screen and not have nech ache after 10 minutes.
Im so glad i found the bike for me :D

Well i did the 3 hour 1to1 bike2bike course on a Suzi Gladius 650!
I've been up and running on the GSA now for a week and im loving it, still getting used to its big dimensions even at 6,2" !!
It is a tall bike with the Powerbronze seat on.
Hardest thing getting used to the off throttle deceleration, who needs brakes ;)
It was well worth doing a course just to get the nod from an instructor that the knowledge is still there after all that time away from 2 wheels.
I love the height compared to my old sports bikes, its great to sit and be comfortable behind a screen and not have nech ache after 10 minutes.
Im so glad i found the bike for me :D

I think we need a few pics of your beast Elliot. You may want to go and book yourself in at Simon Pavey's school for a level 1 course...best money you will ever spend!

I think we need a few pics of your beast Elliot. You may want to go and book yourself in at Simon Pavey's school for a level 1 course...best money you will ever spend!

+1 for the off road school level 1. As well as learning a lot it was bloody good fun

Glad you like your bike

Clive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fun day out in the Wiltshire countryside. Stonehenge to be precise for you overseas GS'ers.
I took in Stonehenge , Woodhenge, Silbury hill, Avebury, Durrington Walls, West Kenett Long Barrow was too busy and an unknown White Horse on a hill??
Yes I like archaeology 😆
I also like my GS a lot.
08c7fa9825035c6ec1b00479d7b0d9fc.jpg
04e46721cd41faa600fbcecaf90b3e3c.jpg
e76e410d3e17f0d4924ef25a247f07d2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom