Newbie with possibly the cheapest R1200GS

Stug

Reaction score
Greetings, Last week I bought a very cheap R1200GS , it was £1500 and came with a long mot , lots of service history and rode fine. However a few days later and it's thrown up the EWS warning. This totally immobilised the bike. I called the seller to see if he knew a quick fix but he hadn't ever seen it. ( I do believe him as his first response was to offer a full refund and take the bike back) After searching on here it seems that my GS had missed the 'recall' so was still fitted with the dodgy antenna ring. The part was cheap to buy new so once it arrived (yesterday) I decided to fit it today. It's was all pretty easy apart from drilling out the fracture bolts. Now my bike is running again. But I have decided that while it's apart I will service it and paint it before I use it again. Hopefully I will have this completed by next weekend and will post a picture of it once finished.
Stug.

Welcome. I'm impressed with your purchace. well done. If your bike is the non abs model you have got what is probly the best 1200. When the bike was designed the target was 200kg. They managed that and the weight seems to have gone up on newer models ever since. Do you know of any more of that model for sale for that money? Just on the off chance I'd investagate if the fuel pump controler was done. I'd love to see some pictures. I would advise you to subscribe as there is a lot of usefull info on here. JJH

Cracking buy, well done Stug. As JJH says, give a dealer a bell and ask them to check if all the recalls have been done, they'll only need the VIN No. to check and what hasn't been done will be carried out free of charge at a dealer.

Welcome Stug and congrats on the new purchase! Keep us posted with some pics please

Result at that price :)

No doubt we'll see you in Hexhead at some time :)

Mart

Back
Top Bottom