Iphone music on Navigator VI

Not sure if I made my previous question very clear but on the nav music source screen., the choice is MP3 , iPhone or Bluetooth.
The MP3 is obviously for the music on the sd card. The Bluetooth is for music on an android phone and the third one is for iPhone.
Does that mean I phones don't use Bluetooth and if not, what sort of connection is being made?
Is that connection better than Bluetooth and if so, in what way?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Using the Bluetooth feature still plays music from the iPhone but you can't select albums etc and it shows no artwork. With the iPhone setting selected you have full control , well that's the theory .

Occasionally it only functions as the Bluetooth setting would . In which case I turn the smart link off and then it works . I can then reenable the smart link .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that skipper. So it would appear that the Nav vi is more user friendly with the iPhone so that you can use the nav to select and change music on your phone.
I am in the process of changing phones and assuming that you cannot see artwork or change music when connected to android. Which I cannot just now, I may as well buy an iPhone!

Right, Ive got me new GS with a new Nav6, have a sena 10s and an iPhone 7. Ive been using a montana up till now so Ive only had tunes playing direct from the phone (montana has no BT out) But now me thinks I have all this new technology I can access my phone through the satnav and use the BMW jockey wheel (if thats what its called). So following my dealers instructions I deleted the sena from my phone and connected the nav 6 then connected the sena to the nav6. Well I can hear directions and take calls but I can't operate Siri by pressing the phone button on the headset (I'm presuming this is because the sena is connected to the nav6 not the phone?) How do I dial out now without touching the screen?
Also I have selected iPhone for music which kinda works because I can hear the music but it won't fast forward or skip tracks?? Do I connect the iPhone to the sena now or is this the best Im gonna get, or have I missed something here?

I borrowed my daughters iphone 6 and bingo, I could stream music from her phone and I could see the track and artist title but the Album Art work was a hit or a miss. It didn't appear initially but seemed to appear after a while. Also, I could change track by touching the Nav vi screen, so this is far better than my galaxy S6.

So......................., I read here that the jog wheel could be used to change tracks but that does not seem to work or is there a way this can be done?

Bottom line is that I think I will buy an iphone for my phone upgrade now.

Thanks for the information.

K

Push and hols the jog wheel for apx 3/4 seconds to the right and the track jumps forward and if you do it the other way it goes back

Don't know why it won't I use a cardo packtalk and can either use the above or voice controls with Siri to either play music make and revive calls ect

Zx9man.... can I ask why after you connect phone to nav....nav to headset do you need to connect headset to phone? My understanding is that the headset communicates to phone via nav.
Is that wrong?

Ok. Makes sense for the siri side of things but..... so when a call comes in, you can see it on the nav vi screen but the sena is connected to both the nav vi and the phone... does the actual call just go straight from sena to phone or sena to nav vi to phone?

I am maybe thinking too deeply. I guess if it works it works. Excuse my ignorance, i thought the call had to go via nav vi to be seen on screen but from what you say, the call can go two routes. Via nav vi or direct to sena?

Thanks for info.

A slight thread resurrection, mine was perfect, controlling from the Nav 6 and Jog wheel, it then I installed iOS11.

I wonder if anyone else has tried with iOS11 beta, but it went back to the "downloading from apple device" to " failed to communicate with device".

Apple have changed the file system for iOS in 11 so possibly this is the culprit?

I rolled my iPhone 7 back to iOS 10.3 last night and the Garmin, the iPhone and the Intercom are all perfectly aligned again, with album artwork, browse function etc all restored.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has suffered this, and obviously iOS 11 is in beta, but are Garmin on the case because I can imagine a firmware update on the Nav 6 being needed.

Very Disappointed as no media nor control with Iphone

Hello,
I ride a R1200 GSA 2015 with an Iphone 6 and a Sena 20S.
I upgraded from the Navigator 5 to the 6 because Garmin advertised the streaming of media directly from the Iphone, including browsing Playlists, artworks, play Pause change Tracks and Volume control via the Handle Bar Wonder Wheel... A fantastic upgrade on riding safety and media versatility.
None of those features work.
I tried pairing them in different sequences, unpaired and re paired, Deleted the devices and then repaired, updated all devices to their last software updates (Navigator 6: 4.7 and Iphone 10.3.3)... Nothing works.
I also selected on the Navigator in the Bluetooth section, Iphone/Ipod then I tried with "Bluetooth" then back to Iphone several times.
There is no browsing possible as it always claim that it is downloading from the Iphone.
You can't start a track from the Nav screen.
When starting a track directly on the Iphone you can hear it but:
You can't pause or stop it from the Navigator
You Can't skip forward or backward also
You Can't control the volume
The elapsed time starts and then get stuck half way
The artwork is most of the time not displayed
And last but not least, the Handle Bar Wonder Wheel doesn't have any influence on any of the controls and not on the Volume level

Then I went to some forums and saw that since April this issue is well documented by customers already in contact with Garmin's Technical team.

I learned my lesson and will only buy AFTER checking reviews and forums. I bluntly trusted Garmin as a serious Aviation/Marine/Automotive supplier. I can't believe they released such a beta version.

Has any one informations from Garmin on how and when they will fix the issue?

Thanks

You are correct in some of what you say. You need to select iPhone as your source on the nav 6, then once you have connected go into blue tooth settings and make sure the music icon is blued. You can only control the volume with the sena, you can skip tracks forward and back by holding the wonder wheel in the required direction but this only works if the nav screen is on media player, I use mine all the time, but I have now loaded all my music onto the sdcard in the nav to save phone battery.

Ok Gents! In a bit of dilemma over here. I had a Nav V which I sold off as my GS LC got replaced by a 1290 SA. I have a 690 Enduro R as well. Hence I got the Zumo 595. I probably will be buying the 2018 GS as well. I have a Nav V Cradle with me that works for the VI. So the issue here is if I get the GS and get the Nav VI, I could use the Nav VI on the KTM's so I can part with the New Zumo 595 that I haven't used. It seems to make more sense to have just one unit I.e the Nav VI.

Now given all the drama with the Nav VI functionality with not streaming the songs with iPhone 7 & Sena 20S and other issues. I am unable to decide if I should just retain the Zumo 595? And when the GS arrives should I take a call if I should buy the Nav VI? Two devices are an expensive investment. The Navigator cradle is simple with just two cables and the 595 has tons of cables to move between the bikes. I don't care much about the music as my SENA and iPhone are good enough. Getting calls displayed may help on the Nav VI but the TFT speedo has that feature on the new GSA. Quite a conundrum I got myself into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom