Portugal road trip advise

Von hooter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
Is there anybody that could give some advise on a road trip to portugal, starting out in Braganca northern Portugal 2018.
Any good routes would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

The Portuguese Federation of Motorcyclists organizes every year a trip top to bottom of Portugal. That really suits the GS. ir around 70% Road 30% simple off road. Is called "Portugal the Les a Les".

You can find them on Facebook and theres is a page with the GPS points of the 2016 edition on https://pt.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=10877082

I really recommend this.

Look at the RiDE guide to Spain, it will sort you out for your epic road trip. Trust me.

It has an informative section on Portugal, too.

If it doesn't it should have or maybe it lurked in the Europe guide. I forget which. Either way, he'll manage, I'm sure. Just in case, I'll put up a link to the book (in foreign) that I've got. It may well do the trick. That and a map, of course.

I bought a Michelin map and headed via the twisties to Covilha. (All roads are twisty round there) easy to spend a couple of days on the roads around there. Plenty of hotels and a nice but basic campsite half way up the mountain from Covilha, I think it's called Torre. The rest depends on how long you've got to explore but I headed south and stuck to the spine of the country. Going back again this year but I've got a bit longer to explore this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom