GS Screen Adjusting Screws

ElliotGSA

Reaction score
Hi all......
On one of my adjusters the plastic head has come of from the long bolt when I tried tightening it, they seemed slack and the plastic washer still loose even when the bolt was tight. I see some online which look like an improved version. Any ideas where to find in the UK.
I'm not even sure if it was all correctly installed.
Like these..
Thanks
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/R12...1921782170.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.57.JIuvZX

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

They are a nicer design but hardly low cost.
You could get a female thread M6 thumbscrew and Loctite it to some threaded bar.

The top hat nut is stainless so don't use a stainless bolt without anti seize paste. The OEM bolt is plated carbon steel.

I broke the top of a screw on the ex missus's gsa. Glued it back on with a light smear of araldite and it lasted until she sold the bike that's diy for you.

That's what im thinking.... but Bendy Toys thumbscrew idea sounds like it would work too.
Alternatively.....A 6mm coach bolt [available in many lengths] and a wingnut on the inside as I'm thinking once adjusted I'm hardly likely to change the screen angle.
I will check screen hole dia. next garage visit

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread made me consider my broken screen adjusters so I bought some of these and looks much smarter now.

Before
33802219470_c43600a60d.jpg

After
33802216510_997a41be5f.jpg

Comparison of the fittings
33375387633_1617ccd7db.jpg

Took a couple of weeks to come from Hong Kong, but fit well and should last a while. £5.17 for 5. I found the M6 thread need not be any longer than 45mm to fit. The original adjuster fitted into the screen side grommit/holder nicer but hey you cant have it all.
Now I can adjust my screen with ease and I shall sleep better tonight knowing that (he says posting a random thread on a forum at 20 to 1 in the morning...)

Back
Top Bottom