Riding modes

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The riding modes on my 2017 1200 GSA TE.

Whats the difference between road and dynamic? Is it a BHP increase?

Thanks.

The riding modes on my 2017 1200 GSA TE.

Whats the difference between road and dynamic? Is it a BHP increase?

Thanks.

I have the 2014 and the only difference i can feel is the responsiveness to the throttle and sharper feeling in the handling (although that could just be in my head) :beerjug:

Thanks..just found the most descriptive answer on another forum! and in the manual.

Back to road for me i think!

On my RT I only ever use dynamic unless its really hissing down, then I use rain. Much prefer the responsiveness of Dynamic

No. It adjusts the throttle response, makes it more direct and the suspension settings is changed to hard and the ABS settings change

Read the manual.

https://ownersmanuals2.com/bmw/r-1200-gs-2017-owner-s-manual-71547/page-115

Reading the manual tells you sod all. It would seem it is for the previous version, up to the end of 2016.
With your right hand you can select modes DYNA...ROAD...RAIN This makes 3 different noticable setups, this I understand and can use no problem. With your left hand (Suspension) you can select ROAD...DYNA this bit I don't get, it doesn't seem to do anything regardless off what preload setting you are in (min, auto or max) you are in, or, what mode you are in.

daviedevs on which forum did you see the info.

Reading the manual tells you sod all. It would seem it is for the previous version, up to the end of 2016.
With your right hand you can select modes DYNA...ROAD...RAIN This makes 3 different noticable setups, this I understand and can use no problem. With your left hand (Suspension) you can select ROAD...DYNA this bit I don't get, it doesn't seem to do anything regardless off what preload setting you are in (min, auto or max) you are in, or, what mode you are in.

On the R1200R (so possibly not quite the same)... The DYNAMIC suspension setting is firmer/more heavily damped than the ROAD setting.

Dude, right hand does the modes, Road,Rain,Dynamic, and if you have them Enduro, Enduro Pro

Each has preset damping, hard,soft,normal and different ABS and ASC settings, the Enduro modes allow kid skid daftness if you're talented or rich

Left button sets preload and also allows you to change from the standard soft, normal or hard setting

So you can ride 2 up in dynamic but with soft damping for example (if you wanted to)

Coding plug under the seat allows the bike to remember your weird settings and also liberates the Enduro Pro crash mode to start with

Don't think many people bother with it to be honest, I haven't

Dude, right hand does the modes, Road,Rain,Dynamic, and if you have them Enduro, Enduro Pro

Each has preset damping, hard,soft,normal and different ABS and ASC settings, the Enduro modes allow kid skid daftness if you're talented or rich

Left button sets preload and also allows you to change from the standard soft, normal or hard setting

So you can ride 2 up in dynamic but with soft damping for example (if you wanted to)

Coding plug under the seat allows the bike to remember your weird settings and also liberates the Enduro Pro crash mode to start with

This is the truth

I use Die maniac on the XR but with the suspension set to road

That is my default setting and rarely use anything else

You are talking about the 2016, the 2017 is different. Do you have a 2017 bike?
The left button does not have soft, normal or hard settings it has (apart from the min, auto and max preload) just road and dyna settings

Www.r1200gs.info

In general chatter....posted by a user called wilycoyote.

Sounds like they have "improved" the system by complicating what was previously a straightforward system. By using the same terminology for modes and suspension it just muddles things doesn't it?

my 2017 I collected today has SOFT / NORMAL / HARD setting on the GSA TE
everything seems to be the same as my 2016 16 reg

I thought the new model had auto, and couldn't be changed between one helmet, one helmet carrying a handbag etc.

my 2017 I collected today has SOFT / NORMAL / HARD setting on the GSA TE
everything seems to be the same as my 2016 16 reg

That's because your GSA is now in the dark ages and worthless against the "new" GS which has been updated. The GSA will get these essential updates in the 2018 model year, no doubt with some styling tweaks. Not sure how people will cope in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom