euro 4

bergboxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Getting confused with all this euro 4 bikes , exhausts silencers will fit won't fit.
So when did euro 4 bikes start coming in the country? are all triple black gsa euro 4 since they came in in back end of 2016?

Getting confused with all this euro 4 bikes , exhausts silencers will fit won't fit.
So when did euro 4 bikes start coming in the country? are all triple black gsa euro 4 since they came in in back end of 2016?

Yes. Anything produced from September 2016 (that's what I understood from talking to dealers) is Euro 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add, the Akra from 2013 will still fit on your "2017" bike, but it will (according do dealers) void any warranty if directly linked to the fault).

The way I see it is, from January 2017 BMW dealers can no longer by regulation offer you an exhaust system that does not comply with Euro 4 regs. New Euro 4 Akra has non removable db killers, this is now part of the silencer. I think that this is the real reason why they tell you about the warranty issue you may have. Speaking to calsport (Akra dealer) when I enquired about buying one, I was given a choice of Euro 3 or Euro 4 for 2017 GSA. I was told that this is the new rule and as a dealer they must offer Euro 4 before offering Euro 3 complying part.

So in reality I'd have a very good chat with your dealer and find out info from them. Preferably in writing if you are planning of buying Euro 3 can for a Euro 4 bike.

So when you look at most of the photos of triple blacks with akroprovic silencers on they have two pipes going into the silencers, the armchair experts are saying that they are only for euro 3 bikes, surely they were sold by the dealers ? where is there anything to substantiate that they should not be on euro 4 bikes , is it just me that is confused, or is it just the usual armchair scaremongers?

I'd say it is likely to be the case that dealers no longer able to supply "HP" branded Akra in Euro 3 guise. Hence why they are saying it'll void warranty if your bike is registered after January 1st or when ever official Euro 4 regs came in to force. I think you'll be safe with Euro 3 but I'd check with Supplying dealer, and if you get approval, don't take it at face value, I'd be asking for confirmation in writing. Better be safe than sorry.

So when you look at most of the photos of triple blacks with akroprovic silencers on they have two pipes going into the silencers, the armchair experts are saying that they are only for euro 3 bikes, surely they were sold by the dealers ? where is there anything to substantiate that they should not be on euro 4 bikes , is it just me that is confused, or is it just the usual armchair scaremongers?

My dealer supplied my Euro 3 exhaust for my Triple Black GSA, and are fitting it to my Rallye tomorrow. They said that there are no warranty implications, and that the only difference is the E markings, and the non removeable baffle on the Euro 4 can.

My dealer supplied my Euro 3 exhaust for my Triple Black GSA, and are fitting it to my Rallye tomorrow. They said that there are no warranty implications, and that the only difference is the E markings, and the non removeable baffle on the Euro 4 can.

So there you go folks, you've heard it now from the man who knows his and my dealer! :aidan :thumb.

I would imagine that when you fit decat headers the Euro 3 or 4 end can becomes irrelevant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when I get my 2017 gsa run in I am fitting my gpr from my 2016 gsa and the dealer told me that if it fits, use it but then said that as a dealer they are not allowed to officially say that

Back
Top Bottom