Oil level sensor -possible fix

Pukmeister

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 2008 GSA sump oil sensor has been playing up for ages, always falsely reporting low oil once up to temp in neutral. I had checked both the sensor and wiring continuity previously without finding anything wrong, and assumed the BMSKP ecu unit might be faulty.

At the weekend I had another look at the wiring during servicing the bike. The sensor wiring male plug meets the loom female plug inside a plastic keyed connector sleeve down by the RHS throttle body. I disconnected both plugs from inside the sleeve, inspected and test-assembled them without the sleeve, to find one male pin on the sensor cable was being pushed back into the fitting rather than sliding into the female and making the circuit. I have repaired the loose pin in its male fitting and reassembled both inside the plastic sleeve and now it works properly.

I hope the above might serve to help anyone who gets a similar issue.

Chris Harris - You tube,

has also reported this as the cause of numerous other faults on the GS series

Mart

The OEM loom connectors really are quite horrible to use. The safety clip/tag is horrible to lift and often tucked away on the "wrong" side (check the fuel pump connectors). Then they wont pull out so peeps tug on the wires.

Back
Top Bottom