New Review of 2016 BMW R1200GS Triple Black with full Akrapovic System

Hey TeapotOne.... you have some enjoyably watchable videos in your Youtube collection :thumb

Wow! Just W.O.W!!!

What a beast. Having come from a Superbike background I never in a million years thought a big old 'granddaddy' bike like the GS would handle like this, but it's known me away.

Check out the review if you like

https://youtu.be/VPcl9m5DZPc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree. I must say, You one enthusiastic fella, had me watching your vid on the edge of my seat :drool :bounce1 :clap. Were well put together. :thumb

I see you're in Maidenhead, come by on saturday for a coffee and a chat at Bahnstormer, Ill be taking my Triple Black in for a service after only 4 weeks of ownership and it'll have 800 miles by Saturday morning. Love the bike! its a proper machine in my oppinion. Haters say it common as F**k, but that because there is a reason for it. :rob ;) :D

EV

EDIT: :blast! Maidstone and Maidenhead aren't same place.....! :banghead:

:agree. I must say, You one enthusiastic fella, had me watching your vid on the edge of my seat :drool :bounce1 :clap. Were well put together. :thumb

I see you're in Maidenhead, come by on saturday for a coffee and a chat at Bahnstormer, Ill be taking my Triple Black in for a service after only 4 weeks of ownership and it'll have 800 miles by Saturday morning. Love the bike! its a proper machine in my oppinion. Haters say it common as F**k, but that because there is a reason for it. :rob ;) :D

EV

EDIT: :blast! Maidstone and Maidenhead aren't same place.....! :banghead:

Ha Ha, aye I was thinking that too!

I'm Maidstone, I take it you're Maidenhead? I'll be up in Scotland as of tomorrow until Sunday night so can't meet up, but appreciate the offer bud.

Totally agree are the bike, I was a non-believer myself until I rode one, amazing piece of kit.

Stay safe bud

Ha Ha, aye I was thinking that too!

I'm Maidstone, I take it you're Maidenhead? I'll be up in Scotland as of tomorrow until Sunday night so can't meet up, but appreciate the offer bud.

Totally agree are the bike, I was a non-believer myself until I rode one, amazing piece of kit.

Stay safe bud

Hey Bruce

I did tell you the GS was the way to go in the basement at work many a time when you were swinging your leg over your gixxer but you wouldn't believe me

Left sports bikes 7 years ago and I don't regret it for one minute.

Simon.B

Hey Bruce

I did tell you the GS was the way to go in the basement at work many a time when you were swinging your leg over your gixxer but you wouldn't believe me

Left sports bikes 7 years ago and I don't regret it for one minute.

Simon.B

Ha, aye but you know me, stubborn bugger who has to figure these things out for myself don't I!

Enjoyed your GS video and have started watching your RTW trip. :)

And for a good cause too. :clap

Well la-di-da..

I have 7 subscribers (including The Holy Spirit :bounce1) so anyone else is an absolute bonus. :aidan

Hi Teapotone, after watching that I discovered your round the World Series. That's my next box set sorted! Two episodes in. Great causes to do it for.
I'm in Sittingbourne so if I see you at Coopers Tonbridge Wells I'll say hello.
Any plans on a long GS ride? Back round the world? ;)

To quote your response in Youtube: "I work in Diplomatic Protection in the Met Police in London". Intrigued, can you elaborate on here... if not please don't. Are bikes your hobby or are they a professional tool ? You certainly have vid skills.. Just watched one of your Best biking vids Europesn and clips are short, snappy and IN TIME WITH THE MUSIC, surely not a coincidence? :thumb

Tight twisties....thought that's what the GS excelled at.

Did you ride the new Explorer ? I left BWM 3 yrs ago after giving up on my 2013 1200gs wc which was about my 7th gs and 25th BWM.

Ended up with a 15 plate Explorer which was a great bike. Recently decided to swap and gave the latest GS another go. Not for me, got myself a 2017 Explorer XCX. Personally Just don't think the GS is in the same league.

Nice vid by the way.

Great videos Bruce, that crash in Japan looked nasty , especially the way you hit that Armco end on :eek:

Will watch some more soon but need to pack for my first 4 day trip of the year this weekend :thumb

Ian

Hi Teapotone, after watching that I discovered your round the World Series. That's my next box set sorted! Two episodes in. Great causes to do it for.
I'm in Sittingbourne so if I see you at Coopers Tonbridge Wells I'll say hello.
Any plans on a long GS ride? Back round the world? ;)

Thanks bud, yeah if you see me at Coopers just definitely come and say hi

I do a lot of touring Europe with ChickenStrips.co.uk and am planning on heading back in 2019 to complete the Americas - I didn't get to Ushuaia and Deadhorse due to time and money constraints.

To quote your response in Youtube: "I work in Diplomatic Protection in the Met Police in London". Intrigued, can you elaborate on here... if not please don't. Are bikes your hobby or are they a professional tool ? You certainly have vid skills.. Just watched one of your Best biking vids Europesn and clips are short, snappy and IN TIME WITH THE MUSIC, surely not a coincidence? :thumb

I work in DPG - the Plebgate bunch at Downing St. Been there for years but still not had a bike course, don't know why, just never seem to get one.

Glad you like the vids too, cheers

Back
Top Bottom