New Review of 2016 BMW R1200GS Triple Black with full Akrapovic System

TeapotOne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Wow! Just W.O.W!!!

What a beast. Having come from a Superbike background I never in a million years thought a big old 'granddaddy' bike like the GS would handle like this, but it's known me away.

Check out the review if you like

https://youtu.be/VPcl9m5DZPc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the sound much different between endcan and full system. Im having the endcan fitted and happy with the sound for touring, but would go for full system if it wasnt overly loud

TP1, where did you get the headers? Just went to my dealer and they said they only do the exhaust not the headers. Trying to figure out which site does a good deal.

Great vid and nice attitude. I try to ride like that too but I have to do it on my own, not so much William no mates but when i rode with others they kept stopping for tea and cakes and stuff; You can stay home and do that.... But, I will always nod and nod back...

is the sound much different between endcan and full system. Im having the endcan fitted and happy with the sound for touring, but would go for full system if it wasnt overly loud

Can only speak for the Akrapovic full system, and it is LOUD, even with baffles in.

TP1, where did you get the headers? Just went to my dealer and they said they only do the exhaust not the headers. Trying to figure out which site does a good deal.

NippyNormans do the headers and end can.

Great vid and nice attitude. I try to ride like that too but I have to do it on my own, not so much William no mates but when i rode with others they kept stopping for tea and cakes and stuff; You can stay home and do that.... But, I will always nod and nod back...

Ha ha, good work, the nod seems to be fading aware in London itself, but not too bad once you're out on country roads, thankfully.

Great bike, great review.... see you on the local roads maybe...

How much extra did your insurer put on your premium for the headers ,if you don't mind me asking ?

How much extra did your insurer put on your premium for the headers ,if you don't mind me asking ?

Nothing. I've declared the full system and it made no difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom