Any excuse for a premium hike !

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had an email today from my ins co.

Couldn't take payment for my insurance, could i please call them,

which i duly did...

Turns out they wanted to take the whole sum via debit card without asking, luckily i had

changed cards... :)

So going through the quote, I mentioned alarm & immob...

& that i had put some after market levers on with more span adjustment....

Oh that's a major change... they declare .....

and yup, your current insurer wont quote for that, WTF!!!

so its a new insurer with an increased premium...

Ok and if i don't put the levers on,

Oh, you cant go back to the original quote, because it was discounted, and we cant

reapply the discount ...

Dammed if you dont, and dammed if you do...

Oh well i wonder if i should change my order to lime green levers!

Mart :rolleyes:

Don't get me started. I called mine today, to change the GSA to the Rallye, and the fuckers charged an additional £48 plus £20 admin fee (down from £40:rolleyes:). When I pointed out that the Rallye is smaller, cheaper, and a lower insurance group, they just said "oh".

scammers! I called Benntts to cancel the remaining 2 months of my £79 annual policy on a bike i sold...Charged me £50 to cancel. Before I could even say, leave it running she had cancelled it asked for card details. I wanted to cut and tun but I know they do credit check scores etc so paid it...fuckers for being honest and telling them its gone!Will not be going near Bennetts again

scammers! I called Benntts to cancel the remaining 2 months of my £79 annual policy on a bike i sold...Charged me £50 to cancel. Before I could even say, leave it running she had cancelled it asked for card details. I wanted to cut and tun but I know they do credit check scores etc so paid it...fuckers for being honest and telling them its gone!Will not be going near Bennetts again

You can't stay insured on a bike you've sold anyway, Don. You'd be liable for speeding/ parking fines, and if they got involved in an uinsured accident, you'd also be liable. £50 is a piss take though.

Yes. They are cheap until you need to make a change.
£30 every time I ring them. Will not be renewing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just amended my car policy with eSure; I've fitted a towbar.

Cost was £12.25 including the £26 Admin Fee.

After a couple of double-takes, I discovered that the policy is £13.75 cheaper with a towbar than without; the Admin Fee then brought the figure into positive!

It's a bizarre world, insurance.

Try LV= chaps. So far no charges for changes, temporary additions, modifications etc. Last time I claimed - stolen car - everything went very smoothly. And they are there or thereabouts on premiums, although multi product discount saves around 10% on each policy. Been good for me on cars and bikes for about the last 12 years.

Bastards charged me £50 to cancel a policy that had only been in place 6 weeks, the policy only cost £100, fuckign raging I was.

Try LV= chaps. So far no charges for changes, temporary additions, modifications etc. Last time I claimed - stolen car - everything went very smoothly. And they are there or thereabouts on premiums, although multi product discount saves around 10% on each policy. Been good for me on cars and bikes for about the last 12 years.

when i phoned them for a quote we went through all the questions then they said they couldn't quote for my 09 1200gs.:confused. clean licence etc., no claims.

In September when I got my GSA I was asked what my annual mileage will be. Said 6,000 but am already on 5,000 and 3 tours this year looks like it will be double my estimate.

I can picture some spotty scrote rubbing his hands when he gets my call to tell them. Wonder how much that's going to cost :blast

In September when I got my GSA I was asked what my annual mileage will be. Said 6,000 but am already on 5,000 and 3 tours this year looks like it will be double my estimate.

I can picture some spotty scrote rubbing his hands when he gets my call to tell them. Wonder how much that's going to cost :blast

You should have asked a reasonably competent child to estimate your mileage for you, before you made the call.

Did you supply the insurance company with your odometer reading at inception of the policy?

Will you be supplying the insurance company with your odometer reading at the expiry of the policy?

I suspect that the answer to both questions is no?

Wapping and his mates will be rubbing their grubby little mits at the thought of all that dosh rolling in to swell their mighty coffers. Once they have your money, kiss it goodbye because they will find a way of fleecing you of some more of your hard earned.

Did you supply the insurance company with your odometer reading at inception of the policy?

Will you be supplying the insurance company with your odometer reading at the expiry of the policy?

I suspect that the answer to both questions is no?

You suspect wrong in that case. It was new, they know that, and the problem comes if I have an accident I suspect. 'Oh Mr Wonkey' you told us you would only be doing 6,000 mls but have already done almost that in 7 months therefore we don't think we should pay you any money"

Wapping and his mates will be rubbing their grubby little mits at the thought of all that dosh rolling in to swell their mighty coffers. Once they have your money, kiss it goodbye because they will find a way of fleecing you of some more of your hard earned.

Ah, always suspected the smarmy little Cnut was in insurance or banking, all makes sense now.

You suspect wrong in that case. It was new, they know that, and the problem comes if I have an accident I suspect. 'Oh Mr Wonkey' you told us you would only be doing 6,000 mls but have already done almost that in 7 months therefore we don't think we should pay you any money"

So you did tell them? Odd, I have never been asked. Next, please point me to the part of your policy wording where you have restricted mileage, or where you agreed to accept a restricted mileage as part of the policy you agreed to buy?

So you did tell them? Odd, I have never been asked. Next, please point me to the part of your policy wording where you have restricted mileage, or where you agreed to accept a restricted mileage as part of the policy you agreed to buy?

The terms of your policy and premium are based on the information you have given us. If any of this changes you should tell us by calling our customer service department. Below are some examples of what you should tell us. Please note these lists are not exhaustive and you should contact us if you are unsure about whether you need to inform us of a change. Any changes to your policy will be subject to your insurer’s agreement and may not be acceptable, therefore please contact us for guidance on changes you wish to make. If a change to your policy is acceptable it may result in revised terms and/or a change in the premium.

Back
Top Bottom