2017 K1600GT Sport

J.R.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on one of these :bounce1:clap

All the kit - gearshifter pro., keyless, central locking.....

Marmite colour, but I love Marmite :drool

Attachments

• 2017-bmw-k1600gt-review-sport-5.jpg
    2017-bmw-k1600gt-review-sport-5.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,253
£20k.................

No cocaine and hookers included in that price? :nenau

(Colour looks good, and disguises some of the bulk of the bike)

Enjoy it

Al :thumb2

I love my GS to bits but THAT is bloody lovely !!!!!! Enjoy every moment and every penny ! Let us all know how you get on :thumb2

+2 thats the best colour for the model. saw it at the NEC, loved it then too

Awesome, miss my k1600. You will lurve the drive that that 6 gives you :beerjug: ride safe..

Cheers guys, picked it up this morning and no rain fell...bonus! :thumby:

It's a real eyeful of a bike, and the blue looks really good in the flesh - my 4th K1600 but my first Sport. Now that BMW have fitted the quickshifter (which is so silky smooth going up or down the box) it really does want to push on. Limited to 6000 rpm until first service, but that gives me a lot of usable (daft) speed anyway. ;)

Attachments

• IMAG0642.jpg
    IMAG0642.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 935
  • IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0647.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 924
Love it - and I like marmite too.

Was thinking of an RT next but wow!

Snap !

To the OP, so you have had 4, what makes you loyal to them ?

Whats the wind protection like on the sport (shortened screen I assume) ?

I get the feeling the build quality is better on the K1600 than the RT but Im not sure why I think that.

RBW.

Love it - and I like marmite too.

Was thinking of an RT next but wow!

Snap !

To the OP, so you have had 4, what makes you loyal to them ?

Whats the wind protection like on the sport (shortened screen I assume) ?

I get the feeling the build quality is better on the K1600 than the RT but Im not sure why I think that.

RBW.

When the first K1600 came out I just fell in love with the whole look of the bike and got a 'white' one. The first (beta?) version came with issues for some - leaking water pumps, very notchy gearbox and some switchgear failures. I had the notchy gearbox but, well it's a BMW isn't it? No water pump problem for me but I did have the right hand switch gear replaced. Then the second iteration came out the gearbox was much improved (still a clunky first) and appeared that the other problems had been sorted. I got a grey one. I honestly thought it was the best bike on the planet as an all rounder. Then I last year got a Storm Black one which was the '2017' version but still no quickshifter. Then I saw this beauty earlier in the year, and it is equipped with the gearshifter, so deal done and I the very proud owner of a super machine. In to first using the clutch still has a clunk, but once on the move the quickshifter is really super smooth, makes the one on the GSA seem agricultural!

The screen is shortened, but to be honest for me the full screen of the GT was too short anyway (2metres height restriction on me), so that wasn't an issue for me. I have one of those clip-on doodads for my Triple Black screen, which just about works, although as the K1600 screen is two parts useless (to me) I may swap it out for a smoked version.
As for build quality, well largely speaking BMW don't make bad bikes on the whole :hide - not too many manufacturers do these days, and the RT owners that I know love their machines, so I'm not sure the build quality will be that much removed from the RT TBH.

Praying for some dry roads not populated by too many fuckwits this weekend (hopefully not too much to ask for!) :D

Back
Top Bottom