4 DAYS NORTHERN IRELAND TRIP FROM NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

bmweasyrider32

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
6 BIKES THINKING OF 4 DAYS TRIP TO NORTHERN IRELAND TRIP FROM NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE TAKES 4 HOURS FROM NEWCASTLE TO STRANRAR FERRY. HOPEFULLY HIT THE FERRY AT MIDDAY LOOKING FOR GOOD ROADS OFF THE BEATEN TRACK SCENERY MOUNTAINS COAST SET OFF EARLY THURSDAY MORNING RETURN SUNDAY AFTERNOON VERY EXPERIENCED LADS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW, IF YOU COULD HELP WITH PLACES TO STAY AS WE GO ROUND HAPPY TO DO 150/200 MILES A DAY, DONT LIKE BIG TOWNS OR CITYS YOURS HOPEFULLY JIM

off ferry head around antrim coast towards greencastle ferry
ferry to donegal (15mins) then pick up signs for wild atlantic way and keep on the coast the whole way. then back to ferry.

that in my opinion would be the best biking roads, scenery, and tour for the 4 days.

Google Wild Irish motorcycle tours

there website may give you some ideas they do a few tours around Ireland

But a good suggestion otherwise.......you could just head thru Derry instead and up the other side of Lough Foyle to get there.

I would suggestt not going to Stranraer as youll be waiting along time...lol

as already mentioned.... the antrim coast is a must... follow it all the way up to the top. Its a great road... you comes across some of the best visitors places... ballycastle..giants causeway... Carrickareed rope bridge... Dunluce castle... Carrickfergus castle .... Glenariff forest park (forest drive) ....Bushmills distillery, Portrush ( like a blackpool) castlerock... Benone beach at downhill. Then you get to Londonderry.. which has had a recent visitors site added....(ahem)... you dont have to go into donegal you can go down the west side through the Sperrin mountains ... into Fermanagh and across to the Mourne mountains up to Spelga dam.... then down into Newcastle.... you can then go to Co . DOWN... across to Strangford across on the ferry (Portaferry) up the Ards Pinnisula towards Bangor back into Belfast...

i am from the province myself and regularly tour there... you are limited on time... so the donegal trip might be a step to far... but that said it is awesome.

I can recommend a few places to stay... i did a 10 days tour of north and south last year before the NW200... and really loved it.

If you wanna pm me your phone number we can have a verbal

all the best

dusty

Thats a great route Dusty that covers all the must sees in norn iron.
As an ex Coleraine man I will consider that this next few months
To the OP 150 miles in Ireland is much longer than anywhere else, i would suggest take your time

:aidanYou have the time in 4 days to do a lot more than above. Agree with all of the above but why don't you think of going via Dublin/ Dun Laoghaire, either there or on the way back ? My suggestion would be Newcastle to Holyhead and across the sea to Dublin, first night in Dublin so that you loosen them there bones on a few pints of the black stuff which will help you loose a load of weight the following morning !! Zip across Ireland to Sligo, a nice 130 miles which will bring you through the bottom edge of the lakes of Fermanagh. The next day would be a bit more technical up through county Sligo and through Donegal to Letterkenny or own another few miles to Derry/ Londonderry where I know a few great places to stay. Day 3 then around the NI coast through Portstewart and Portrush taking in all the stuff in the posts above. Stop in Belfast for the night, again some great places to stay and its not the sort of place that your bike is at risk. Either then back on the ferry to Stranraer or if you think you won't have a bad head back onto Dublin. That said Stranraer is a lot closer to Newcastle than Holyhead. PM me if you want more info.

I'd get the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast, or Larne (Ring Nutt travel for the best deal) then head up the Antrim coast road to Ballycastle and Portrush/Portstewart. The next day I'd head through Limavady, Claudy and Strabane to Castlederg and over Scraghey into Fermanagh. When your're there you could do a circuit of Lough Erne. Day three I would go via Augher, Aughnacloy, Caledon, Armagh, Newry, Warrenpoint to Newcastle. The next day would be back to Belfast or Larne to the boat

Don't miss DERRY you'll love it. the craic is always great in the pubs and we have brilliant restaurants B&B and hotels galore for every budget it's a beautyfull walled city.. park your bikes anywhere no one steals bikes here.

Back
Top Bottom