Thinking of buying a 2014 California Touring

Ash

I am on the verge of Audace ownership, had a short test and coming from large adv bikes the pegs felt odd, i guess you get used to it?
was it a comfort issue for you?

cheers Mark

Quick update having done over 900 miles on my Audace since Monday.

Comfort-wise ,it's MUCH better than I was expecting .
The seat is all day comfortable,having ridden some days from 0800 to 1700.
Hands and feet never get achey like on some bikes,as the riding position is quite stretched out.

I do feel a bit of tension between the shoulder blades ,but then I do on quite a few bikes.

It'll cruise at 80 ish no problem but any more and your body becomes a bit of a sail.Saves you getting nicked for speeding though !

I think they've stopped making the Audace but there are some great 2016 bikes around for about 3k off list.

It's a lot of bike for that kind of money.

Fit heated grips ( already has switch gear in place) and get Agostini exhausts from Italy and it's a great bike.

I've fitted Hepco & Becker Big Buffalo luggage which attaches very easily and firmly to their C Bow frames .

Great quality ( German !!!). The bags are quite wide but they do smaller options.

730522c12d5009a24442d2f9345054ba.jpg

I don't think you would be disappointed if you got one.

It has such character and really gets a shift on should you wish,yet is happy pottering along in 6th with very low revs.

Do it !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, after lot's of reading, including Guzzitech and, of course, Arsey's excellent trip report... I've taken the plunge and bought a 2014 California Touring with 2,500 miles on the clock.

Looking forward to getting it, thanks for all the replies.

OK, after lot's of reading, including Guzzitech and, of course, Arsey's excellent trip report... I've taken the plunge and bought a 2014 California Touring with 2,500 miles on the clock.

Looking forward to getting it, thanks for all the replies.

Good lad . Post pics when you can

Should be with me sometime next week so I certainly will.

There was a vague "one in one out" discussion with my wife so I'll be keeping my head down on that front for a few weeks :)

Should be with me sometime next week so I certainly will.

There was a vague "one in one out" discussion with my wife so I'll be keeping my head down on that front for a few weeks :)

Best you don't click on here then !!!!

And don't watch this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pCKFjxkwkmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hahahaha I think I can keep some mods like exhausts, fuelling and maybe fork spring mods under the radar, just not another bike for a while :)

Have you looked at Guzzitech? Do you think the mods recommended on there make sense?

Hahahaha I think I can keep some mods like exhausts, fuelling and maybe fork spring mods under the radar, just not another bike for a while :)

Have you looked at Guzzitech? Do you think the mods recommended on there make sense?

Actually I've not but I'll take a look.

I didn't ride my Audace in anger with the standard exhausts but the Agos are fab and allegedly make a fair bit of difference apart from sounding fruitier.

It's a US site and the moderator is a Guzzi mechanic supplying advice online as well as mods and servicing to US customers. Some pretty good contributors too, I found it very helpful.

I paid £11,250 Andy.

No idea whether that's good or not but it was the only one I could see that was the touring spec and had such low miles (2,500). I'm obviously hoping that the condition is as good as it seemed from the photos.

I will say that I was impressed with the way the dealer handled the sale, very responsive and very straightforward without lots of the BS that I've often experienced, a very refreshing change. They're doing a fluids/filter service and delivering down to Warwickshire from Durham in that price.

Seems like an OK price from a main dealer, especially as they are pretty hard to find. I love the look of the California and somehow don't like the look of the bike so much with the full touring spec. It was the first model they did and I'm surposriswd they dropped it from the range as the spec seems more suited to such a large bike than some of the naked versions.

I am warming to the Audace though and with soft panniers fitted like reminds me of my Valkyrie that I had for a few years in 2000.

Lovely bike, enjoy :thumb2

Hahahaha well I hadn't considered that option... might make the Guzzi a little more expensive than I had bargained on though :)

your mechanic will be ? nathan at streffords/worcester , or mark/bruce at twiggers/loughborough :rob , i'm probably too far away in London .

Seems like an OK price from a main dealer, especially as they are pretty hard to find. I love the look of the California and somehow don't like the look of the bike so much WITHOUT the full touring spec. It was the first model they did and I'm surprised they dropped it from the range as the spec seems more suited to such a large bike than some of the naked versions.

I am warming to the Audace though and with soft panniers fitted like Arsey has it reminds me of my Valkyrie that I had for a few years in 2000.

Lovely bike, enjoy :thumb2
Corrected ..... I meant to type WITHOUT the full touring spec .... Doh !

Just arrived

In the dark unfortunately so pictures aren't great.

It's a big old unit but seems very easy to move around, my biggest concern is getting used to the feet forward riding position...

Attachments

• MG3.jpg
    MG3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 181
  • MG2.jpg
    MG2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 183
  • MG Side.jpg
    MG Side.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 184
Very nice looking bike; so nice to see it doesn't have the red 'bellend' rocker covers :cool:

That looks gorgeous, be very interested in what the wind management is like with the screen and lip thats on it ?

Who would have red rocker covers :eek: ? Liberace ?

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom