Going to look at an R1150GS tomorrow

Mr_S

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had a good rummage through some threads on here, and I'm off for a look at a 2000 'W' reg GS. It has 84k or so on the clock, has 'good' but not complete service history, aluminium panniers (no top box), recent tyres, full height crash bars, a couple of 12v accessory sockets and looks to be in decent condition. MOT history doesn't show anything to concern me, and it looks like it did most of the miles in the first 6 years. Only done 18k or so in the last 10 years.

Is there anything specific to watch for on the earlier models? It's never had a clutch change according to the paperwork (I asked), so I guess that is a good bargaining point?

What sort of price should I be looking at for it?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi , welcome,
Quick Become a subscriber on here now:rob
Then you can see there are some very nice bikes in the for sale section
and get to look at a great 1150 that Bryn is selling and maybe he is not too far in Leicester
give him a call on 07875 304772 or 01455 282 438 Bryn is happy to ring him and me post up his details.

You've talked me into it, seeing as I have decided I want one for sure (other things in my list were Pan Europeans, Triumph Tigers, various BMW tourers etc.), I've stumped up the £12 that's £12 less to spend on a GS now! :D

Still potentially interested in peoples' opinions of the above bike, though I am now off to scour the for sale section....

Back
Top Bottom