Home

Welcome back and thanks for taking us a along. :thumb

We have to break out of the habit of MikeO's bedtime stories ... until the next ride.

Where next? :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Mike, Pleased that you had a great time in N.Z. and that you arrived home safely - You did very well with the weather for most of the time here....Sorry that I couldn't extend the offer of an overnight in Auckland as I was back in Europe from late March until now. Very much enjoyed your daily write-ups and photos - still amazed that you can pack away that sort of breakfast every day! LOL. Hoping for a safe journey for the bike....

25th April 2017

A parcel arrived at the office, addressed to me...

IMG_0314-X3.jpg

Do you remember Leigh, the artist who I met in Reefton?

IMG_2198-X3.jpg

Well, I was slightly disingenuous when I said that the dragon sculptures were beyond my means...
Augie.gif

My girlfriend had fallen in love with this chap...

IMG_0561-X3.jpg

...who was a bit too expensive. But Leigh, clearly impressed by the Poirot-like efforts I had made to track her down (I expect
tongue.gif
), very kindly offered to make a smaller version for me and we agreed a deal. So today I unwrapped him...

IMG_0315-X3.jpg

Isn't he magnificent?

After finishing work, I drove down to take him to his new home...

IMG_2972-X3.jpg

To say my girlfriend was surprised and delighted is a study in understatement. I am now apparently in possession of "Ten million boyfriend points"...

Anyone know the exchange rate for these?
biggrin.gif

I would like to extend a huge thank-you to Leigh, who took this job on at a time when she is under enormous pressure to complete the other dragons in her workshop in time for an important exhibition in Wellington in May...
thumb2.gif

I've just got home - Marnie and I are celebrating a job well done...

i-TWkKchz-X3.jpg

*To forestall the PMs and questions, Leigh will be putting a new website together as soon as she has completed her work for the exhibition - I will publish details here when it is up and running.

I wrote Leigh a thank you email - she wrote back. This is the first paragraph:

Hi Mike

I'm so pleased that no.138 arrived in good condition and you like him. I've never put so much work into getting someone else a blow job.

:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm

Brilliant ending to a fantastic trip.....and Leigh is a classy lady - nice one! :beerjug:

3rd July 2017

A relatively gentle start (0800) for a trip by hire van, with my neighbour Nick, to Gravesend in Kent, to be reunited with an old friend...

IMG_0334-X3.jpg

The Adv is a little road-weary (and that rear tyre is shocking
tongue.gif
) and extremely grubby, but a few hours later...

IMG_0335-X3.jpg

...it's safely ensconced in my garage.

I now feel the trip is finally finished.

I feel some maintenance and fettling coming on... :thumb2

Glad it arrived safe and sound - time to get it ready for the next adventure...... :D

nice audi (cough)

where next ? *foot tap........

last coupla days just booked flights across usa (going to a gig - gonna get interrogated by homeland again :D ) for eventual kicking out in auckland

sadly wont be taking my bike - although bike vault went above and beyond your experience put me right off so ill be renting a scooter :D

coromandel and east cape and taupo and rotorua

then fly to queenstown and milford - via the cessna cruise thing :D

then go look at burt and brittens :D

its all your fault (and my friend sheilas who did a trip ten years ago :D )

nice audi (cough)

last coupla days just booked flights across usa (going to a gig - gonna get interrogated by homeland again :D ) for eventual kicking out in auckland

sadly wont be taking my bike - although bike vault went above and beyond your experience put me right off so ill be renting a scooter :D

Have fun! :thumb2

nice audi (cough)

Gawd help New Zealand :D

Back
Top Bottom