Nurburgring

Spareparts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Love it.
I went round last August, what a buzz. Terrifying but exhilarating at the same time. I wished i had my camera on. and i didnt see any data at all whilst i was doing it.
Cheers for sharing, bought it all back.

Great video. What is the iPhone app and which mount do you use?

Love it.
I went round last August, what a buzz. Terrifying but exhilarating at the same time. I wished i had my camera on. and i didnt see any data at all whilst i was doing it.
Cheers for sharing, bought it all back.

I've been coming here for many years as it is a magical place with hundreds of great roads in the area. This was only the 3rd time, however, on the bike, and it won't be my last!

Great video. What is the iPhone app and which mount do you use?

Harry's Lap Timer, and my iPhone is attached with Velcro on a Ram mount flat base.

9'41" lap of the Ring on a GS!!! Mate that is cracking, well done

Great vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great vid, enjoyed it. I will have to go this year PG.
There is a big CBX rally in Germany in August.

I've done it on my old F650GS, I'm off there twice this year, mid May and in July on my R1200GS
I waited until it was quite and just pottered round .
Excellent that.

9'41" lap of the Ring on a GS!!! Mate that is cracking, well done

Great vid

Big Uns to do that on a GS, cracking video, thanks for posting.

Great vid, enjoyed it. I will have to go this year PG.
There is a big CBX rally in Germany in August.

I've done it on my old F650GS, I'm off there twice this year, mid May and in July on my R1200GS
I waited until it was quite and just pottered round .
Excellent that.

Loved watching that! Great effort my friend :beerjug:

Thanks chaps! It wasn't that great a lap as I missed loads of corners, and did not use all the tyre or width of available track. It's completely possible for a GS to crack under 9mins, but it requires greater commitment than I was willing to give when on a touring holiday that requires me to ride home!

Not with me on it it isn't

Ha Ha, aye I think I may be with you there!

I'm taking mine on a few track days this year so will see what 'Herman' is like

Thanks chaps! It wasn't that great a lap as I missed loads of corners, and did not use all the tyre or width of available track. It's completely possible for a GS to crack under 9mins, but it requires greater commitment than I was willing to give when on a touring holiday that requires me to ride home!

You make a very good point

Sabine Schmitz did it on 9 minutes 57 seconds! In ford transit don't forget

Sabine Schmitz, the professional racing driver who practically lives at the ring.

Yet Clarkson couldn't do sub 10' in his Jag.

If you've ever ridden the ring, sub 10 is good going, fair play to the bloke.

Which IPhone app is that?

Sabine Schmitz, the professional racing driver who practically lives at the ring.

Yet Clarkson couldn't do sub 10' in his Jag.

If you've ever ridden the ring, sub 10 is good going, fair play to the bloke.

Thanks again. Knowledge of the Ring is important as is maintaining discipline when riding 'your' line and there are intimidating and faster cars approaching you from behind. I have a simple rule: maintain the line you want to take, and it is always the person behind who has the responsibility to overtake you safely. One other thing to remember which is easily forgotten: it is a public road, and therefore the rules of the German public road still apply: overtaking is on the left only, and the Police closely monitor all activity via CCTV throughout.

Which IPhone app is that?

Harry's Lap Timer. It has plenty of functions to capture a GPS-accurate timed and recorded lap. Video is also possible.

Mentioned above - "Harry's Lap Timer, and my iPhone is attached with Velcro on a Ram mount flat base"
I had a look for it - £19.99 in the App Store.

Wow, £19.99! I did not realise they charge for it now. I've had it for a few years, and it was free when I first downloaded it.

Returned from another weekend there and it was brilliant. Had some fun over several laps, and even scalped a couple of sportbikes along the way. Here is one of the clearer laps with fewer yellow flags and cars who keep trying to barge you out of the way.

A couple pics, and a video below.

41630429462_4aea7b135a_z.jpg

26802652077_b3965630d6_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom