Number two takes shape

I hate that bike for one reason.........................It's not mine :green gri.

Micky, you are a genius but a lot of geniuses have no style, you have it by the bucket load :thumb2. I wonder if anybody, or you have ever thought of marrying up a F800S engine with a Norton commando (original) fastback? The fastback was my dream bike when I was a boy and I spent many hours riding my pedal bike to and hanging around the shop. I felt like one of the staff because I was there longer than most of them :).

When my lotto seller sells me the winning ticket, I will be asking you to build it for me but sorry, don't hold your breath. I don't think the lady in the lotto shop likes me :mad:.

I guess that although your bike looks very rideable, it is mostly a show of your skill. The reason I say this is based on a uneducated one as I'm not a mechanic but the front brake. Many people spend a fortune changing the front brake for twin disks or bigger calipers etc but you have stayed with standard. Is it going to work as you may want it to? Forgive me for the stupid question, it is by no way a criticism, as I said, I'm not a mechanic and I don't have any of your skills.

I would be interested to hear your views on the Norton/BMW dream of mine. :bow

I hate that bike for one reason.........................It's not mine :green gri.

Micky, you are a genius but a lot of geniuses have no style, you have it by the bucket load :thumb2. I wonder if anybody, or you have ever thought of marrying up a F800S engine with a Norton commando (original) fastback? The fastback was my dream bike when I was a boy and I spent many hours riding my pedal bike to and hanging around the shop. I felt like one of the staff because I was there longer than most of them :).

When my lotto seller sells me the winning ticket, I will be asking you to build it for me but sorry, don't hold your breath. I don't think the lady in the lotto shop likes me :mad:.

I guess that although your bike looks very rideable, it is mostly a show of your skill. The reason I say this is based on a uneducated one as I'm not a mechanic but the front brake. Many people spend a fortune changing the front brake for twin disks or bigger calipers etc but you have stayed with standard. Is it going to work as you may want it to? Forgive me for the stupid question, it is by no way a criticism, as I said, I'm not a mechanic and I don't have any of your skills.

There is no reason that the front brake couldn't be upgraded at any time,
But this was on the donor bike,I'm sure it work ok ,the caliper has been rebuilt and it will have a brand new master cyl .
Think of it as built in abs:D
Here is a brake upgrade

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 455

how nice is this:drool

Attachments

• IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1333.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 391
how nice is this:drool

Beautiful :drool and thank you for your answer reference the brake. I usually ride my R100GS according to the brakes capacity which are standard and a little lacking. Today I was riding just a little quicker than usual on a single track road, a car came the other way at twice my speed minimum when we met on a slight bend. I hit the brakes and the front wheel locked up. Brakes not that bad then, you just have to squeeze a little harder. ;)

Back
Top Bottom