A little potter on the Guzzi

Very good ride report .
Great Photos. What are they taken with ?
Was a tad dissapointed at your choice of the Fois Gras. !
Bike looks great by the way.

Very good ride report .
Great Photos. What are they taken with ?
Was a tad dissapointed at your choice of the Fois Gras. !
Bike looks great by the way.

Yes, foie gras not my favourite baked in that way !

Pics just taken with an Olympus Tough TG-4 waterproof jobby.Left my XT-10 at home for this one.

Martin

thanks again, BTW where did you get the C Bow mounts from please? have found suppliers but none mention the audace

Mark

Enjoyed that immensely.Am I imagining it or are your pics a strange size ? I like the necessity to scan downwards.

Martin

thanks again, BTW where did you get the C Bow mounts from please? have found suppliers but none mention the audace

Mark

From Motobins

I did it over the phone but pretty sure they were the same as the ones for the Eldorado and part number is 630549 00 02.

The only thing is the C bit is chrome.

I'm looking into getting them power coated black but think it might be an issue as the chrome will need removing for the powder coating to work.
But it's only a 5 minute job to remove the chrome C brackets and leave the rest of the black frames in place when not using the luggage.

GrinningGSer,

No idea about pics as they were all uploaded using Tapatalk straight from phone/iPad.

Thanks Arsey. Really enjoyed that. No plans at the moment for a holiday but I have an feeling I might head that way. That south and south eastern part of France with the Alps and gorges have always lured me. Fantastic riding down there. In the Tarn Gorges area there is loads to see and do if you stop over for a few days. You could easily have gone over Mount Aigoual but it probably would have rained.

Regarding the balcony roads, there is a website called dangerous roads and there is a good selection. The reason why the laval road is so narrow is because there is no support for the overhanging rock and it was made for horse and cart.

Love the Guzzi and the relaxed pace as you describe it. I see they do one with a copper colour tank. That looks ace but the exhausts are naff.

Once again a million thanks and it gave me ideas for stop overs and routes.

Martin

Mark

I spoke to Motobins today and can get matt black C Bow blades for £60 to replace the chrome ones.Shame it's not an option on initial purchase.

Thanks Arsey. Really enjoyed that. No plans at the moment for a holiday but I have an feeling I might head that way. That south and south eastern part of France with the Alps and gorges have always lured me. Fantastic riding down there. In the Tarn Gorges area there is loads to see and do if you stop over for a few days. You could easily have gone over Mount Aigoual but it probably would have rained.

Regarding the balcony roads, there is a website called dangerous roads and there is a good selection. The reason why the laval road is so narrow is because there is no support for the overhanging rock and it was made for horse and cart.

Love the Guzzi and the relaxed pace as you describe it. I see they do one with a copper colour tank. That looks ace but the exhausts are naff.

Once again a million thanks and it gave me ideas for stop overs and routes.

Yes the bike is great.Not seen that other colour in the flesh but it looks nice in pics.

2015-Moto-Guzzi-Audace1.jpg

The good thing with the Agostini exhausts is that they look more OE then the OE exhausts and blend in perfectly,but sounds much better and give it more grunt.

Oh ,and by the way .......

party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif
party-smiley-015.gif

Great ride report Arsey, superb photos really enjoyed reading this, have been passed the Mirage jet think it somewhere north of Tours i believe?

I'm off to the Pyrenees tomorrow if its anywhere half as good as this i'll be well happy :thumby:

Great ride report Arsey, superb photos really enjoyed reading this, have been passed the Mirage jet think it somewhere north of Tours i believe?

I'm off to the Pyrenees tomorrow if its anywhere half as good as this i'll be well happy :thumby:

Yes it was !!!

You riding the N260 ? I'm heading back to the Alps this weekend.

Yup N260 is in there,

Heading for Rennes tomoz then:-

Hossegor
Pamplona
Sort
Viella
Roses
Andorra
Poitier
back to Rennes then maybe a spot of "chicken wings" in Dinan

Where you off to in the Alps? going for a week too?

Yup N260 is in there,

Heading for Rennes tomoz then:-

Hossegor
Pamplona
Sort
Viella
Roses
Andorra
Poitier
back to Rennes then maybe a spot of "chicken wings" in Dinan

Where you off to in the Alps? going for a week too?

If you going to Roses,try and find time to ride over the mountain to Cadaques.And if you've not booked accommodation,then Cadaques is a great alternative to Roses,having stayed in both.

We're going for 8 days-taking g/f over RDGA then up Route Napoleon and around Gorge Du Verdon as she's never been.

Made an error of judgement with Roses chose it from google street view as a contrast from the mountains, was told after booking accommodation that Banyuls-sur-Mer was better and we are riding through it to get to Roses hey ho!!,
Will if we get time, go to Cadaques, thanks for the tip.

Hope you have a great time, good weather and safe riding :thumby:

Made an error of judgement with Roses chose it from google street view as a contrast from the mountains, was told after booking accommodation that Banyuls-sur-Mer was better and we are riding through it to get to Roses hey ho!!,
Will if we get time, go to Cadaques, thanks for the tip.

Hope you have a great time, good weather and safe driving :thumby:

Fixed !

Have a great trip too !!

Back
Top Bottom