calling all weather forecasters!

macker1974

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mrs House and I are planning a week or so in lovely Scotland around Easter. Our dates\ferries\hotels are flexible so we want to keep one eye on the weather forecast and try to take advantage of any decent spell that might come. What sites \ apps do you guys use for weather - or is it like here on the Irish west coast where you pull back the curtains and take a guess??
Cheers
Macker :beer:

Nothing seems to accurate. West coast tends to be more changeable for the same reason Ireland is! I generally use the bbc weather app but sometimes wonder if it's just randomly generated, haven't found any others that are any more precise.

BBC are in the process of ditching The Met Office as I understand. About time too. I'm surprised these knobheads could predict it going dark at night.

I like to use the Met Office app, and look at the weather radar, no rain visible means that it won't be too damp! The weather radar isn't dumbed down to "showery intervals" etc ie you might, or might not, have rain all day.

Personally I'd bring as many warm clothes and waterproofs as possible, plus suntan lotion.

Windsurfing for over 20 years and only two sites ever get it right.

Met office and xc weather.

Also, there is no forecast over five days that is accurate. The tech doesn't exist.......... No matter what you read.

Windsurfing for over 20 years and only two sites ever get it right.

Met office and xc weather.

Also, there is no forecast over five days that is accurate. The tech doesn't exist.......... No matter what you read.

It's accurate - if it turns out to be as forecast......... :D

Magic Seaweed is popular with the fishermen (originally a surfing resource) but due to being free, simple to understand and reliable - is very popular now.

Al

I was at Dent last year. Saw the weather report on my room TV (George & Dragon).
Fine weather the following week in Scotland (End of May/ first week of June).

I went into feck-it mode and travelled north on an optimistic whim.
Result.......Fantastic week touring Scotland with no rain or midges.
:beerjug:

Thanks for all the wisdom lads! I'll keep an eye on some of those sites. I reckon the "feck it - here we go" approach will win out. We went to Germany last year the week after the torrential floods and had a fine time - how bad can Scotland be..( he asks, immediately regretting tempting fate..!!)

Back
Top Bottom