Handlebar risers.

Traffic893

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A question for anyone who has fitted risers. I intend to do lots of road riding but probably no off-roading which involves standing. Are the risers worth fitting for normal riding, if so what difference will they make? Thanks.

I have them fitted. Rox risers 2". It relieves the stress on the back muscles and help me relax by lifting my elbows higher. Otherwise my fingers go numb and I get pins and needles. Apart from that it just feels a bit weird the first time you get on.

I have them fitted. Rox risers 2". It relieves the stress on the back muscles and help me relax by lifting my elbows higher. Otherwise my fingers go numb and I get pins and needles. Apart from that it just feels a bit weird the first time you get on.

+1. Although it didn't feel weird for me, it felt better straight away. I don't do any off road riding on mine, all road miles.

The GS has always given me an ache between the shoulders after about 150 miles.

Now I've finally bought my own GS, I've just fitted Wunderlich up and back risers and they've totally cured the problem. 300 miles plus on Saturday - pain free.

:D

Thanks to all, looks like risers will be purchased. I have been getting an ache across the shoulders, put it down to not being bike fit but perhaps not. :thumb2

For example, 25 or 50mm risers, what is the maximum height before you need to change the cables and clutch hydraulic hose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine are 2" and I think they are on the cable limits. Wouldn't want to try pulling them any further.

Back
Top Bottom