GSA vs GS replacement

niccapotamus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
right - i've had my 08 GSA nicked. loved it - had it since November and bonded very happily. the boss liked the ride and didn't get any buffetting. I was tall enough 6ft and 32" leg to ride it and park it ok. fab

as far as I understand it the GS - lower screen, less bolt on goodies, slightly lower ride height and different gearing. Oh and a smaller tank.

I'm a road rider, not off road.

I'm going to have to buy a replacement privately once the insurers compensate me coz of the loss on insurance/no claims etc - whereas the gsa was bought from Fowlers.

there are less GSA about for private sale that are anything like budget - circa 6K or less - so might have to consider a gs although I'd want the gsa seats and screen etc

has anyone ridden both and have any observations? I love the ride of the GSA - I'm assuming that the fundamentals of the ride, the riding position, pillion position and all that are the same and it's just the differences i've noted????? It'll be oil cooled due to the budget

I rode my old 2009 GS and a demo 2010 GSA back-to-back and much preferred the handling and stiffer suspension of the standard GS. The GSA screen is better, but a Givi Airflow screen is better still. The main advantage of the GSA is the tank range.

Back
Top Bottom