Scala open mic.

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
I've got a Q3 set but wish to have them on open mic, but can't seem to make head nor tail of the manual. can anyone assist in just having this set up ?

Also the vox sensitivity is confusing, for easy use should it be set high or low :confused:

I've got a Packtalk and had a G9 before that, so guess its the same software. VOX sensitivity, high triggers earlier, so if a lot of helmet noise intercom if open will stay open, but that will use up battery life. Low less sensitive. Not sure about open mike, if you mean not using the voice command, just set the voice commands to off. You then just make a noise and intercom will open, but it should shut after no conversation for x seconds. There issn't anything that just lets you talk unless the intercom is already open. You can open in voice command, by making a whooping noise or similar until you hear the beep, then say "call intercom". If you have voice commands off, just make a noise and the intercom opens. Hope that helps

If I switch voice command off would that not switch the intercom off.

No - switch off VOX and when you intercom pair with another, the mic will be open all the time. It will limit battery life however and your partner will have an ear full of road / wind noise etc.

That's what I want, open all the time as it's for when doing trials, walking sections etc.

So vox off and Mic. Sensitivity set high...is that correct ?

scala rider

I've got the Q1 Rider teamset. and I have mine open all the time to speak to wife on pillion. turn off VOX . and when I switch the units on I have to click the "IC" intercom button once only on my unit not the pillion. And that opens the channel to speak directly, I can use it like this all day and never flatten the battery. I use a tom tom GPS. and that cuts in to give me directions.

My scala does not keep open mike all the time, even with voice command off. You still need to initiate the conversation with your voice. It only stays open all the time if your vox is high and there is noise in the helmet to stop it closing down. It is designed to switch off after x minutes to preserve battery life. Saying that, I have ridden pretty much all day on a Harley which the mike open with no issues with battery life. So yes, vox High, voice command off.

Back
Top Bottom