error message loading new 2018.1 NTU to pc

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
for some reason the new update has loaded fine to me GPS unit (590) but I cant get it to load to me pc. I get an error message each time in the update screen. Really bad as I cant upload anything now from my old map version without it totally recalculating the route. route goes from 180 km to 897km!!
anyone help here?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 116
I assume (always dangerous) that you installed the maps onto your device's SD card?

When updating maps, you get three options:

1. Install to device

2. Install to computer

3. Install to device and computer

I guess you chose option 1?

The trouble you now have is that if you try again, options 2 and 3 have probably vanished. This does not matter so much if you use BaseCamp, as the software will draw the map across from your device to your computer, each time you connect it.

To get back to the three options, put a fresh SD card into the device and start again.

I don't have a PC - so I am guessing - I wonder if it might be possible to use Map Installer to take the map from the device and install it onto your PC?

I found this, it might work:

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/yqTQvDbUMf5j1ydnSQZ2qA

If the device is already up to date, the maps can be installed to the computer only.

To install the maps to the computer only:

Connect the device to the computer

Open or Launch Garmin Express if the application does not start automatically

Windows: Open Garmin Express from the Windows Start menu, Start screen, or the Desktop shortcut icon

Mac: Launch Garmin Express from the Applications folder or Spotlight

Select a device that has the desired map update

Click Map Options

Click Install to Computer

Click Accept

Click Install Update

Click Yes or Continue when the User Account Control prompt displays (Windows only)

After a successful installation, the map can now be used with compatible Garmin applications.

Thks, actually solved the problem by shutting down my MacAfee firewall. Seems this did the trick.
I normally try to load to device and computer at the same time. Normally works but this time it was just stubborn.

thks anyway. Garmin updates can be a bit temperamental at the best of times

Just as word of warning.

make sure that your version of Garmin Express is up to date before downloading the 2018.10 maps. If it isn't you will end up with just the 2018.10 North.

Back
Top Bottom