Fitted an www.sol2.be Accelerated Module

I have ordered one,but they wont reply to my emails and it hasn't come yet.its been about a week or is it me being a bit keen.
cheers tony

Did you receive it?
I placed an order at the end of October and am still waiting. I live in NZ but in general EU to NZ post arrives within 2 weeks. Marc claims he sent the item and gave me a tracking number but the tracking details don't provide any information about the actual parcel or where it's heading. But it seems to be in BEBRUA since Nov 7th.

I have to admit that I belong to the group that does not belive the temperature compensation route is the way to go.

Sure, some of the producers explain the brilliance of their product, but so far, no one has been able to explain to me why it works.

The BMS works in the following manner when it comes to fuel delivery:

This is how a warmed up engine works:
- Based on rpm and throttle position, BMS finds a number in a table that gives the nozzle opening time in milliseconds.
- The value from table is corrected, based on inlet air temperature and airpressure. (in +/- %. Actually 0 compensation is given x1, more will be >1, less <1)
- BMS also looks up a correction value from the adaptive table, given in +/- %
- At last, BMS compensates based on feedback from O2 sesor, again in +/- %

If checked by GS911, you can read the compensations in realtime as a number i.e 1,01 is + 1%, while 0,99 means - 1%

This mode, when O2 information is considered is called "Closed loop mode".
The adaptive table bears numerous names, lots of places they call it short term trim. But regardless of it's name it serves the same purpose.

The point is, BMS is programmed to try to do as little correction as possible from the O2 sensor. Therefore, for every cell in the map-cell, if BMS keeps compensating the map value, BMS will store the correction in the adaption table, and slowly the map-value + the correction value from the adaptive table will provide a fuel-setting that requires no further compensation based on feedback from O2. The point to this way of doing it is that due to slownes of the O2 sensor, rapid changes of power will not be able to use trustworthy information from the O2 sensor, so the O2 sensor at this stage is disregarded. However, the adaptive value from the adaptive table is still considered, so the lack of O2 data during the 1 or 2 seconds the engine goes open loop makes hardly a difference.

This means that whenever a resistor is added in order to falsify the temperature reading, the richer mixture is noticed by the O2 sensor, and after a while, the compensation value is stored in the adaptive table in order to also be able to compensate during open loop conditions (mainly acceleration).

BMW started with adaptive ECU in the 4-valve K100 in 1989, and all injection engines thereafter have adaptive engine control.

It does take a while for BMS to fill in all blanks in their adaptive table. And the purpose is pollution control, as any changes in the system will be compensated, such as a clogged airfilter, different muffler etc.

I'm not saying that sensible people are wrong, but I have to admit, I don't understand how this can possibly work over time..

I have to admit that I belong to the group that does not belive the temperature compensation route is the way to go.

Sure, some of the producers explain the brilliance of their product, but so far, no one has been able to explain to me why it works.

The BMS works in the following manner when it comes to fuel delivery:

This is how a warmed up engine works:
- Based on rpm and throttle position, BMS finds a number in a table that gives the nozzle opening time in milliseconds.
- The value from table is corrected, based on inlet air temperature and airpressure. (in +/- %. Actually 0 compensation is given x1, more will be >1, less <1)
- BMS also looks up a correction value from the adaptive table, given in +/- %
- At last, BMS compensates based on feedback from O2 sesor, again in +/- %

If checked by GS911, you can read the compensations in realtime as a number i.e 1,01 is + 1%, while 0,99 means - 1%

This mode, when O2 information is considered is called "Closed loop mode".
The adaptive table bears numerous names, lots of places they call it short term trim. But regardless of it's name it serves the same purpose.

The point is, BMS is programmed to try to do as little correction as possible from the O2 sensor. Therefore, for every cell in the map-cell, if BMS keeps compensating the map value, BMS will store the correction in the adaption table, and slowly the map-value + the correction value from the adaptive table will provide a fuel-setting that requires no further compensation based on feedback from O2. The point to this way of doing it is that due to slownes of the O2 sensor, rapid changes of power will not be able to use trustworthy information from the O2 sensor, so the O2 sensor at this stage is disregarded. However, the adaptive value from the adaptive table is still considered, so the lack of O2 data during the 1 or 2 seconds the engine goes open loop makes hardly a difference.

This means that whenever a resistor is added in order to falsify the temperature reading, the richer mixture is noticed by the O2 sensor, and after a while, the compensation value is stored in the adaptive table in order to also be able to compensate during open loop conditions (mainly acceleration).

BMW started with adaptive ECU in the 4-valve K100 in 1989, and all injection engines thereafter have adaptive engine control.

It does take a while for BMS to fill in all blanks in their adaptive table. And the purpose is pollution control, as any changes in the system will be compensated, such as a clogged airfilter, different muffler etc.

I'm not saying that sensible people are wrong, but I have to admit, I don't understand how this can possibly work over time..

Each to there own, it improved my 700GS greatly especially at low speed in town.

Mine worked perfectly for four years on a R1200GS - those telling you it works for a while are talking (i'll be polite) tosh... if you want the facts talk to Marc Vernackt, he will also happily dispel all the so called arguments regarding the ECU learning and thus bypassing the module etc....

It is not my intention to offend anyone, but are you implying that the system is not adaptive?

The Danish guy selling the Booster Plug has written a book about fuel-system on bikes. It may be downloaded for free from his website.
It's well written, but he also claims that the adaptive part of the BMS is nonsense.
I puzzels me, since the book is fairly well written for the most part, and yet he denies what is common knowledge by anyone working with FI-systems. And this refusal to aknowledge well-documented facts is what they are basing their explanation for the working of their system.

One more thing. The "advanced electronics" of the Accelerated Module is purely a single resistor. (At least the Booster plug uses a NTC resistor)
I point this out since the OEM sensor in the airbox is a NTC resistor (NTC: Negative Temperature Coefficient). This means that while at 20 deg C the compensation may be -20, at 30 degrees C the compensation will be increased, and the warmer the weather, the higher compensation value.
I do however suspect that the Advance module with the external sensor is indeed a NTC resistor.

Like I said, I don't get it

It is not my intention to offend anyone, but are you implying that the system is not adaptive?

I'm not sure why you think it would adapt permanently? I believe that every time the bike is turned on the ECU goes "Oh, it's XXX degrees" and runs accordingly. I don't believe it goes "the it was xxx degrees yesterday so it must be the same today so I'll run the same as yesterday".

That'd be interesting, especially given the weather we have....

D

I'm not sure why you think it would adapt permanently? I believe that every time the bike is turned on the ECU goes "Oh, it's XXX degrees" and runs accordingly. I don't believe it goes "the it was xxx degrees yesterday so it must be the same today so I'll run the same as yesterday".

That'd be interesting, especially given the weather we have....

D

Fitted one to 09 f800GS last year. Best money I’ve spent on the bike - chalk & cheese difference. Wish I had fitted one when I bought the bike in 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I rate mine too - must be an eejit eh??

D

Another eejit here.
I fitted one on my 1200 (2005 reg) several years ago and then more recently on my 650 and consider it to be the best addition made for its improvement of low-speed running. Had the bike for another two years without any deterioration in this area.
I agree with Knutk inasmuch as I do not understand exactly how it works, nor how it can continue to work.
My opinion, based on these experiences, is that it does work.

Always sounds like something from the snake oil salesman; too good to be true.

Have any of you guys had say Geoff at Hilltop have a look into the works of one of these modules?

Always sounds like something from the snake oil salesman; too good to be true.

Have any of you guys had say Geoff at Hilltop have a look into the works of one of these modules?

No - couldn't afford his rates!! ;)

If you buy one & get him to look into it I'm sure someone would be interested in the results....

D

Back
Top Bottom