Fitted an www.sol2.be Accelerated Module

So does anyone have any long term experience with the accelerator or are we entering scientific discussions here?

Well, I had. On my K1600GT and then my current bike, R1200GS TC.
They stop working after a while.
But I suspect that may not be enough evidence for some.
If anyone wants to spend £50-90 on a resistor with a couple of plugs, it's a free country. BTW, the probe version doesn't make any difference. Don't ask how I know. :blast
This is why many end up with a re map or AF XiED's. I would guess that many who have gone down this route have tried a Booster Plug first. I admit that I did.

I'm still enjoying my €40 worth of placebo.
Bike still perfect at slow speed manoeuvring and the cutting out at traffic stops and roundabouts is still a thing of the past.

What harm could it do......... it's not a huge amount of money.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

So does anyone have any long term experience with the accelerator or are we entering scientific discussions here?

Been using one for over 75,000 miles on a F800 GS, fitted at around 5,000 miles, just clicked over 80,000 and it does what it says on the tin :thumb2

Been using one for over 75,000 miles on a F800 GS, fitted at around 5,000 miles, just clicked over 80,000 and it does what it says on the tin :thumb2
That's good news. Let's hope the 700/800 ECU is not as smart as it's bigger sibling's.

Mine worked perfectly for four years on a R1200GS - those telling you it works for a while are talking (i'll be polite) tosh... if you want the facts talk to Marc Vernackt, he will also happily dispel all the so called arguments regarding the ECU learning and thus bypassing the module etc....

So, that's the same Marc Vernackt who manufacturers and sells these things?
Must all be true then. Great research, guys. :rolleyes:
Out of interest, aside from Marc's, um, sales patter, is there any technical explanation on how it works anywhere online?
You know, dyno runs, AF ratios, measurements, that sort of thing.
When I was checking out the idea of a hilltop re map or the AF XiED units last year, I couldn't find anything about the resistor idea and how it worked.
Plenty about a re map, Power Commander (had one) and you can read all about how the AF XiED's were developed on advrider.com.
Booster Plug, etc. Nothing.
I'm genuinely interested in stuff like this and would be happy to be corrected.
But please, no more 'had one for x thousand miles now and it still works' tosh.

Read the thread and I've ordered one for the 800, camberjohn cant back up his point and those that have them are providing positive user info good enough for me

Read the thread and I've ordered one for the 800, camberjohn cant back up his point and those that have them are providing positive user info good enough for me

Em, don't have to. As said before, been there done that, paid the £90.
Now, I have these amazing, rare earth magnets that you clip on to your fuel lines and they'll ionise your fuel and improve your fuel consumption by 10%!
Would I lie to you?
Please form an orderly queue with your money in your hand. :D

Em, don't have to.

Haaa i see - so you say it doesn't work and that has to be accepted without you being able to back it up with any facts.. :jes ... i'll cancel my order right away... :blast

Em, don't have to. As said before, been there done that, paid the £90.
Now, I have these amazing, rare earth magnets that you clip on to your fuel lines and they'll ionise your fuel and improve your fuel consumption by 10%!
Would I lie to you?
Please form an orderly queue with your money in your hand. :D
John, I'll have two sets of the magnets please 😂

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Haaa i see - so you say it doesn't work and that has to be accepted without you being able to back it up with any facts.. :jes ... i'll cancel my order right away... :blast

Good man, knew you'd see sense in the end.
Now, if you'd just form a queue for your magnets behind Keith there. Seeing as there's as much evidence about them working as the Booster Plug, I'll make a killing here.

4 months on

4 months and 3k miles on the unit still works the same as on day1. No difference in fuel consumption or power but so much nicer to ride. Absolute no brainer. The best £40 you'll ever spend on your GS.

I have ordered one,but they wont reply to my emails and it hasn't come yet.its been about a week or is it me being a bit keen.

cheers tony

Got mine booked in for a remap at hilltop next week, hopefully it makes all the difference!

Back
Top Bottom