GSA to XR - Price difference?

AndyR34

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would be interested in knowing what difference it made to the insurance by moving from a GSA to an XR? I may consider this if it's reasonable...
Andy
(Mine's a '14 GSA WC and I'm looking at a '17 XR, full NCB, 44 years old and I live in a very 'safe' area).TIA :thumb2

Would be interested in knowing what difference it made to the insurance by moving from a GSA to an XR? I may consider this if it's reasonable...
Andy
(Mine's a '14 GSA WC and I'm looking at a '17 XR, full NCB, 44 years old and I live in a very 'safe' area).TIA :thumb2

My insurance went down which surprised me

Off hand it was about £40 cheaper than my GSA LC was

Call your insurer / broker and ask. It's good to talk.

The only option surely?

Insurance has so many variables that no precedent can be set by one person's circumstances.

I reckon it'll be another £170.

I hope not, I'm only around that at the moment for both bikes on one policy (KLX 250 for really sh*tty days!). As recommended (...) I'll drop my insurer a line tomorrow and see what they say :) "Thanks!"

A safe area you say ?? :blast:eek::augie:D let me know how you get on Andy, im thinking XR somewhere in my future, if my manager agrees :blast:cool:

Well Del, safer than Edinburgh if you own a GS apparently ! ;-)
Have just tried using the Hastings Direct online policy change (quote), will see what they come back with... :-/
Andy

Andy

Oh Andy, you're so fickle. Sure I remember hearing you say last Sunday that your GSA was your ideal bike :D:D:D. Something happened during the week?

Not far off Nutty - £137.73 (including a £25 admin charge...!) - doesn't seem too bad I suppose, "what price, happiness!?!"
Gonna sleep on it.
Andy

That's not too bad, seeing as there's quite a difference in the value of both bikes. :thumb

In a world first today, I called my broker today to swap the XR insurance to the new 1290, and the original cost to change of £150 had actually dropped to £86. I'm still shocked now!

That's not too bad, seeing as there's quite a difference in the value of both bikes. :thumb

In a world first today, I called my broker today to swap the XR insurance to the new 1290, and the original cost to change of £150 had actually dropped to £86. I'm still shocked now!

They have seen how slow you ride !

You've got me thinking now... I had been considering the XR (or a Multistrada/Crosstourer) but I had a sit on a 1290GT last year in my not-so-local dealer "Drysdale's" in Perth (135 miles away and the only KTM dealer in Scotland), very nice it was too, may get an insurance renewal quote for one of them too, in for a penny...
Andy

Back
Top Bottom