What SatNav?

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Just thinking about replacing my Nav 4 (it has seen better days and never been easy to use).
I am after advice about the best option to replace it, I would like a unit that comes with lifetime updates and can store Europe maps without the need for a SD card. A reasonably priced lockable mount is also a bonus.
If it makes any difference I am a Mac user and have come to terms (almost) with Basecamp.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Hi
Just thinking about replacing my Nav 4 (it has seen better days and never been easy to use).
I am after advice about the best option to replace it, I would like a unit that comes with lifetime updates and can store Europe maps without the need for a SD card. A reasonably priced lockable mount is also a bonus.
If it makes any difference I am a Mac user and have come to terms (almost) with Basecamp.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Good luck with the "store Europe maps without the need for an SD card" The maps get bigger at every update so even if a new device has enough internal storage you might soon find you need a card. They are cheap enough these days so whats the problem with using a card?

John

Hi
I am after advice about the best option to replace it, I would like a unit that comes with lifetime updates and can store Europe maps without the need for a SD card.
Any modern Garmin device with all its bells & whistles is going to be harder to use than a Nav IV until you get to grips with it. You need a device with at least 8GB of memory if you don't want an SD card although using the said card is just fit & forget.
TomTom devices use the Tyre program as standard which only works with the Windows OS.

Go for any of the TomTom Rider 4** series, this forum section is full of people having problems with Garmin units :D :D

Do you always have to use the TOMTOM QUICKGPSFIX app on your PC for the device to retain knowledge of satellite locations every 7 days? Seems a faf.
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4271/~/about-quickgpsfix

Maybe once when first update was done on my 400, but not something I do every week :eek:

With the free updates I usually connect it up to "My Drive Connect" before I go on any trips to get any outstanding updates and that's that.
I use https://www.myrouteapp.com/en for route planning and saving.

Which Sat Nav?

Thanks for all the replies/advice.
I took the plunge and bought a Zumo 395LM from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom