sd cards

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
how long recording time do you get with sd cards in a action cam

The camera is a copy of go pro says it takes up to 16 meg card its got a 2 meg at the moment

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

The camera is a copy of go pro says it takes up to 16 meg card its got a 2 meg at the moment

Is there a screen that shows video recording time with the 2GB card installed, same as GoPro camera?

Will have to look

Some fecker needs to invent Google, they'd make a fecking bomb out of it...

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/HERO3-Recording-Time-in-Each-Video-Setting

Not happy? Try your own search of something like: gopro card capacity recording time. Five, reasonably simple words. Try it. It's free and (unlike the dodgy films you'll probably be making) they can't touch you for it.

Why are you so scathing all the time?

People who ask for help don't know the bloody answer, otherwise they wouldn't ask.

They don't put themselves in the line of fire to present a target to you but to learn & inform themselves. Just like you did when you didn't know. Lighten up and be gracious with your all seeing knowledge as not everyone is like you

Clive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. I like a bit of sarcasm in replies but it is a valid point....

You have a 2gb, I'm guessing 16gb will give you roughly 8 times as long

And yes, it would be quicker (and generally more accurate) to google it..

Why are you...

Bods very often don't even try. Look at the opening question, it's about as vague as it can be. Anyone can imagine that it will depend on the size of the card used / the resolution / speed of recording / the device being used / the battery pack fitted. Can the bod who's looking for an answer be bothered to tell us anything about these? No, of course not. Can the bod even imagine that these very simple variables might have some affect on the answer? God only knows. Can the bod be at least imaginative enough to do the simplest of searches on Google and / or try to look up the information on his (unknown) Chinese copy of a GoPro? Apparently, no.

I have no idea how long an unknown recording device will last for. But if I wanted to know I have just about enough gumption ask the question of Google, as it's a reasonably safe bet that with just a very few words (less in fact than his opening question) I'd find the answer. It's called self-help. Bods on this site scream abuse about the nanny state and that we are raising children who are molly-coddled from the moment they are born. It's quite obvious why the sitauation has arisen, because people have become dependent on others to do things for them, without even trying. It's easy to see why. In post #7 we can see that the light is starting to come on, which is at least encouraging.

I did at least try to make the kick up the arse reasonably light, suggesting that someone who invents Google will make lots of money (which of course they did) and then add in that the use of a free but incredibly powerful search engine is not illegal (they can't touch you for it) unlike the dodgy films the OP will be making. Do I really think he'll be making dodgy films and be leaving himself open to a possible visit from plod? Of course not... but, there again... who knows?

Now, what's your answer to the bod's question? How long will it last? And, if you don't know, how might you suggest he finds out? Or are you still busy being ever so cross about stuck-up bods not waving at you whilst you hoon your awesome steed?

This might help you, it gives an idea at 1080p, i typed in google (recording time and card size) not really that difficult,

Attachments

• 11-04-2017 07-57-15.jpg
    11-04-2017 07-57-15.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 168
Bods very often don't even try. Look at the opening question, it's about as vague as it can be. Anyone can imagine that it will depend on the size of the card used / the resolution / speed of recording / the device being used / the battery pack fitted. Can the bod who's looking for an answer be bothered to tell us anything about these? No, of course not. Can the bod even imagine that these very simple variables might have some affect on the answer? God only knows. Can the bod be at least imaginative enough to do the simplest of searches on Google and / or try to look up the information on his (unknown) Chinese copy of a GoPro? Apparently, no.

I have no idea how long an unknown recording device will last for. But if I wanted to know I have just about enough gumption ask the question of Google, as it's a reasonably safe bet that with just a very few words (less in fact than his opening question) I'd find the answer. It's called self-help. Bods on this site scream abuse about the nanny state and that we are raising children who are molly-coddled from the moment they are born. It's quite obvious why the sitauation has arisen, because people have become dependent on others to do things for them, without even trying. It's easy to see why. In post #7 we can see that the light is starting to come on, which is at least encouraging.

I did at least try to make the kick up the arse reasonably light, suggesting that someone who invents Google will make lots of money (which of course they did) and then add in that the use of a free but incredibly powerful search engine is not illegal (they can't touch you for it) unlike the dodgy films the OP will be making. Do I really think he'll be making dodgy films and be leaving himself open to a possible visit from plod? Of course not... but, there again... who knows?

Now, what's your answer to the bod's question? How long will it last? And, if you don't know, how might you suggest he finds out? Or are you still busy being ever so cross about stuck-up bods not waving at you whilst you hoon your awesome steed?

I don't know the answer for the very same reasons you state. Like you I'd point him in the direction of google, YouTube, his cameras manufacturer FAQs etc.

My point, that you choose to ignore, is why are you so scathing?

I'm fairly tech savvy, but there's a million and one things I don't know. I agree with you that when I've exhausted the usual channels then I should ask for help. However, not everyone thinks this way. Some will just shout 'help' without thinking what can I do for myself.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that the OP is like this. But some folk need spoon feeding, some are leaders and some are led.

You can't for one minute assume, that because the OP doesn't give you the perameters you need to form an answer, that he fully understands the technicalities involved to answer the question.

You cannot say 'anyone can imagine' because if you don't know a subject you can't know what might affect the answer.

I've read a great many of your replies and learnt a few things as I'm sure have many others. You've amassed a wealth of information that people would like to tap into. My point is that you don't have to be condescending and belittle people who have asked for help.

For the records I'm not 'busy' being cross with bikers who don't nod. It happens in an instant and I joined in the general observations like others. Yes I was scornful so I take your point.

But, take and stick to my point, get off your crusading high horse and help without judging

Clive

With my Go Pro cameras, and previously the Hd Drift Cameras a 32GB Mini SD Card would give me a days filming. Now using Lexar 64 Gb, good for a couple of days.......

I don't know the answer for the very same reasons you state. Like you I'd point him in the direction of google, YouTube, his cameras manufacturer FAQs etc.

My point, that you choose to ignore, is why are you so scathing?

I'm fairly tech savvy, but there's a million and one things I don't know. I agree with you that when I've exhausted the usual channels then I should ask for help. However, not everyone thinks this way. Some will just shout 'help' without thinking what can I do for myself.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that the OP is like this. But some folk need spoon feeding, some are leaders and some are led.

You can't for one minute assume, that because the OP doesn't give you the perameters you need to form an answer, that he fully understands the technicalities involved to answer the question.

You cannot say 'anyone can imagine' because if you don't know a subject you can't know what might affect the answer.

I've read a great many of your replies and learnt a few things as I'm sure have many others. You've amassed a wealth of information that people would like to tap into. My point is that you don't have to be condescending and belittle people who have asked for help.

For the records I'm not 'busy' being cross with bikers who don't nod. It happens in an instant and I joined in the general observations like others. Yes I was scornful so I take your point.

But, take and stick to my point, get off your crusading high horse and help without judging

Clive

Wapping can't help himself....he has to maintain his 15 year average of circa 10 posts all day everyday so cut him some slack. Oh and his daily average will be higher if you take into consideration the time he "left" the forum. Strange he doesn't have much to say on the For sale Section...but then again posts don't count there.

Why are you so scathing all the time?

Possibly because even the original question (lacking relevant information) was lazy?

Basically, you can't help those who won't help themselves.

:rob

Back
Top Bottom